PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions here :-)

csinclair83
11-09-2002, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I brought a new computer, with windows xp home, and i have done a few windows liveupdates...
but want to know is there any other updates i need to do apart from windows update since i know there has been a few new secruity patches out etc in the last few months..
(yes i do nortons updates too)

can anyone let me know please..

also, is there any way i can get some sort of software that can let me watch other zone dvds (not jsut zone 4 in nz, but american ones as well) coz i want to get the 9/11 memorial dvd thats being released end of the month in the states only...but zone 1 or 2 i think it is..

Hope to hear from you soon

NathanTheKind
11-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Windows XP Service Pack 1 is out you should install that. Unfortuneatly it is about 144MB. Hopefully it will be put onto the PC World CD, but this hasn't been confirmed yet. You can get it sent to you from Microsoft on CD but this cost about 7 Bucks I think. If you have any other Microsoft Products, eg Office search the Microsoft site for updates for these as well.

What sort of DVD Player do you have? IT may already beable to play NTSC DVD (this is the American format)

Cheers

:)

csinclair83
11-09-2002, 01:42 PM
its a samsung cd-rw/dvd on my new packard bell 1.20ghz 256mb ram intel celeron cpu :-)

i'll wait a month and see what happens if it goes on the pcworld disk (the service pack 1)