PDA

View Full Version : Is this naughty?

Chris Wilson
10-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Last night i got one of those emails with over 50 addresses in the "to" feild which was of course the most important thing anyone on that list had ever recieved... not

The address it came through is an ihug one that i have had for years, but have no great attachment to

Żan hour ago, i got my first spam from someone on that list, and have replied with about 20 gig of attachments on 2 emails

Is this naughty? I did make sure that this "gift" only went to the spammer.

godfather
10-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Wont work, as you will be above the attachment limit for them. Try about 10 gig in 2 attachments...every day.

Baldy
10-09-2002, 08:26 PM
YOU EVIL BASTA*DS

Stop giving me ideas LOL! What kind of attachments do you suggest?

BALDY:-)

Sam H
10-09-2002, 08:31 PM

Chris Wilson
10-09-2002, 08:38 PM
your right godfather,
there was an error message, something about server limit, so i am being nice and sending them 3 attachments, in three seperate emails, tonight.

Mike
10-09-2002, 08:52 PM
You're probably likely to be blocked by the ISP. That's what I think, anyway. If not, then why not do it :D

Mike.

godfather
10-09-2002, 09:00 PM
POP3 email seems only to have a 12 Gb limit only in theory. People get warnings when its only about 8 - 10 GB and it bounces back.

I collect mine every 60 seconds, and often get sequential 3 or 4 Gb attachments, its not a problem...unless you have dialup, which they probably have...

Justice...isn't it sweet.

Chris Wilson
10-09-2002, 09:05 PM
gig... ooops i meant Mb, and yes it is a worry, seeing i'm sending as much as i can on cable, and
Leonard McWindow" <len@doublethreat.com> is probably on dial up,
that maybe leonard wont get it all......

I can always send a bit more later on

O yeah, heres the tail end of the email i am replying to

>> if yr really deeply offended by this email, please cry to
> yrself for at least 5 minutes.
> This is a one off mailing, you are not on any list.

-=JM=-
10-09-2002, 10:08 PM
> POP3 email seems only to have a 12 Gb limit only in
> theory. People get warnings when its only about 8 -
> 10 GB and it bounces back.
>
> I collect mine every 60 seconds, and often get
> sequential 3 or 4 Gb attachments, its not a
> problem...unless you have dialup, which they probably
> have...
>
> Justice...isn't it sweet.

well that would be the months usage gone ;)

I have enough trouble doing emails greater than 1MB in size. Once their above that I throw them onto a freehost and send the people a link.

Baldy
10-09-2002, 10:10 PM
This spam wasn't sent to the email addy you published on PressF1 the other day, was it Chris?

Chris Wilson
10-09-2002, 10:25 PM
yeah it was, and everyone else on the list on the first email yesterday (see above post)
i don't care about that address, and i can't get rid of the account cause i can't dial up to ihug from cable, or bother to wait out the help desk queue

*** dialing up to an ihug account is needed to make "account" changes