PDA

View Full Version : My Pics & My Music Icons in XP

J ZEP
09-09-2002, 07:01 PM
I was wondering if anybody had the tweak/know how, for changing the Icons in My Pics & My Music in the Start Menu??(windows XP) My Docs is not a prob., but i think it must be a registry hack maybe to do these other 2?? Have only found one reference to it which didn't work. Anybody had any joy at it??? Thanks. :-)

Jen C
09-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Is this (http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/icn_strt.html) any help?

J ZEP
09-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Jen, but that was the reference i was referring to that didn't work. And the only one if any significance i could find on the subject after a lot of looking!! :-(

Poppa John
10-09-2002, 12:11 AM
J ZEP.. I had the same problem & stumbled on the answer by chance. I will try & remember it but I know I will miss some steps out. First Take My Documents, you need to create a "Shortcut To My Documents" on the desktop, then Open it to Properties. There is a "Change Icon" box.
Basically the same with Music & Pictures, Pictures only has two options.
Documents & Music have heaps. Fingers crossed. Poppa John

Poppa John
10-09-2002, 12:11 AM
J ZEP.. I had the same problem & stumbled on the answer by chance. I will try & remember it but I know I will miss some steps out. First Take My Documents, you need to create a "Shortcut To My Documents" on the desktop, then Open it to Properties. There is a "Change Icon" box.
Basically the same with Music & Pictures, Pictures only has two options.
Documents & Music have heaps. Fingers crossed. Poppa John

Poppa John
10-09-2002, 12:13 AM
Sorry My fault not F1 PJ :8}

J ZEP
10-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks for that Poppa John:-) , unfortunately not quite what i am after, I was wanting to change the Icon in the Start Menu for them, rather than the Icon in a shortcut to them, or did doing that change your Start Icon too? Doesn't when i do it. Oh well I think it may be a non event, however it bugs the heck out of me when something that should be simple can't be done!!X-(

Poppa John
10-09-2002, 09:47 PM
J ZEP. Had a look at thr Start menu & see what you mean. Cannot find a way around it either. So why not put a Shortcut Icon on the desktop? It comes up before Start? Poppa John

J ZEP
10-09-2002, 10:57 PM
> So why not put a Shortcut Icon on the desktop? It comes up
> before Start? Poppa John

Too true, i may do that, but to be honest, it was one of those things, that because i couldn't do it I wondered if it was possible and how it was done. Cheers Poppa John :-)