PDA

View Full Version : Printing Email Images

hans.van.hutten
09-09-2002, 11:42 AM
There seem to be a number of queries with some PC's not being able to print images in HTML emails using Outlook. The advice seem to be go to IE and set the "Show pictures" check box in the Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Multimedia, and "Print background colours and pictures" check box in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Printing.
These do not seem to work? Are there any other solutions, is it a file association issue?

godfather
09-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Basically the images are usually not "in" the HTML e-mail, they are files "sent with " it. HTML links to the image files to display them.

I assume that what you are seeing is the printout of the HTML text, but as the images are separate files within the message they are not printed out.

It would depend what e-mail program you are using I guess.

Chris Wilson
09-09-2002, 11:56 AM
If the "direct" methord doesn't work, right click on the image and save it somewhere. Lets say desktop, although it could be anywhere of your choice.
Once you've saved the image open it from the desktop, and select print, (usually ctrl + p) from whichever program you use to browse pictures.

Wizz bang... There should be a picture a comin' out of yer printer!

Cheers
Chris!

Chris Wilson
09-09-2002, 12:00 PM
I suppose it's worth mentioning that if you want to see it in context, you can always hit the "printscreen" button, and then open the screenshot in photoshop or whatever, thus printing the entire screensworth, images and all.. OK, not a straight forward, but it works!