PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! I have four Os's!

JamesStewart
08-09-2002, 12:55 AM
Hi all. I downloaded a program to changes the Booting Screen in XP (the first thing you see with the moving bar). It lookes easier that starting up in Safty Mode and copying the ntoskrnl.exe file over. But the program added not 1, not two, but 3!!! "os's" to the boot up (like running a dual boot). I want to delete these (they are for testing the booting screen you created). How on earth do I do this?

One other little thing... Red Alert 1. Does any one know how to get it to run in XP Pro? I try to run it but I says "Not a **Something** System 32 file". I have tried the compatablity wizard, so please don't say use that, but I would love it if some could tell me how to get it to run (or if any one out there has got it running".

Thanks Heaps

James

godfather
08-09-2002, 09:35 AM
click here for a patch (http://www.cncrenegade.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=208)
for Red Alert 1

I know nothing about it, just searched google for you.

JamesStewart
08-09-2002, 12:21 PM
I would love if some one could help me with this Booting problem.

Graham L
08-09-2002, 04:25 PM
To fix this, you are going to modify a system file. This requires great care.

I won't try to give you the url of the MS page about this, but give the search string "boot.ini xp" to google.co.nz . The fourth (or thereabouts) match should point you to the MS help. If you are not sure that you understand what you are doing, don't do it. If you make a mess of it, you won't have a bootable OS.;-)(Print out the instructions, so you can refer to it as you work).