PDA

View Full Version : How about a highest postcount counter?

Mike
07-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Just thinking about Susan B making 1000 posts, how about a list at the top of the main page listing the top 10 posters and how many posts they've made? I say top 10, cause I think I might just scrape into that, whereas I wouldn't in the top 5 :D

Mike.

Peter H
07-09-2002, 10:39 AM
That could make this forum an ego trip.
Bye

SoniKalien
07-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Aye, I dunno why even we have a post count... hardly accurate information to say the least...

Baldy
07-09-2002, 11:25 AM
> Just thinking about Susan B making 1000 posts, how
> about a list at the top of the main page listing the
> top 10 posters and how many posts they've made? I
> say top 10, cause I think I might just scrape
> into that, whereas I wouldn't in the top 5 :D
>
> Mike.

What would be the purpose of a post counter Top Ten Mike? Its not that hard to work out who are in the top ten as it is now - but I didn't think that was what this forum was all about.

Some people post heaps, others hardly ever. Its the quality of the answer, not the quantity of the # of posts here that count.

BALDY:-)

It would

tweak\'e
07-09-2002, 11:35 AM
if i remember correctly they decided against it when the new board was born.

i don't really want to see people spamming just to get post counts higher.

Graham Petrie
07-09-2002, 11:43 AM
> i don't really want to see people spamming just to
> get post counts higher.

My thoughts exactly

G P

mark c
07-09-2002, 12:06 PM
> My thoughts exactly
>
> G P
>
Mine too. :)

Chris Wilson
07-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Anyone interested in how many posts a person has made can gather that info by looking at the name of the poster.. I think thats enough. We DON"T need a compitition based on count.

Even if i thought it was a good idea, and was easy to do, ( has anyone thought about the extra work that would create) i think there is little enough space on this screen as it is. Some of us have 15" screens ya know!

You don't have to be here long to work out who are the "power posters", and who is knowledgable on what areas. I think thats enough. I would hate to see someone afraid of posting because they are not as good as xxxxxxxxxxx.......

Chilling_Silence
07-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Rather than that, something that would be interesting is how many registered users and how many guests are currently on the site, I've seen that sort of monitor at other sites (www.vipersroms.cjb.net has one I think, might be free, so the web-dev guys might be able to whip one up!??!)
That'd be something that I'd go for If we ended up have a vote (I doubt it, but still, voicing opinion and all.....)

Cheers
Chilling_Silence

Sam H
07-09-2002, 02:02 PM
I don't know about a list at the top of the page but definitely a grey button next to the FAQS leading to say a page with statistics on it, Top ten posters, hot topics etc...

But then again you have to stop and ask yourself is it really necessary? If it was up to me then I would probably scrap the idea, adding to much un-necessary things to a board takes away the point of the board which is to help people.

IMHO I wouldn't want one.

Regards
Sam

Mike
07-09-2002, 04:15 PM
fine then, nobody agrees with me <cries> I'll just go and hide now :(

Basically I thought it may be of interest to people wanting genuine responces - perhaps people with more posts might be able to help out a little... proved themselves...

but I guess you're right - would just mean people post needlessly to get their postcounts up (like Robo), and that would just defeat the purpose.

ah well - maybe I should stick to hacking the forum ;) just kidding

Mike.

Susan B
07-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Nah, sorry Mike, I don't agree either - too egostatistical. But don't go and hide. :D

In fact I think that once someone has hit 1000 their tally should disappear and be replaced with something like "Long term Press F1 addict" so we don't have to be embarrassed by how much time we spend here. :D

That might give less frequent visitors some indication of the quality of advice given (or perhaps not) and we can still see who does and does not visit often.

I find it valuable being able to identify new forum users - you know when to be gentle with them, whereas those who have been around a bit longer "should" be used to the ribbing and not be so intimidated by us maniacs. LOL

Mike
07-09-2002, 05:32 PM
> I find it valuable being able to identify new forum
> users - you know when to be gentle with them, whereas
> those who have been around a bit longer "should" be
> used to the ribbing and not be so intimidated by us
> maniacs. LOL

maybe then something the other way around - the 10 newest forum users - see that on another site I use...

I just noticed that when you hit 1000 I wasn't quite at 500... now I'm at 535 and you're on 1027... so it seems I'm posting more often than you at the moment... maybe I WILL reach 1000 sooner or later :)

Mike.

robo
07-09-2002, 07:30 PM
It would help me, but my needs often don't dictate policy.
:-(

-=JM=-
07-09-2002, 08:03 PM
I don't think that is needed at these forums.

In fact there is no need for us to be able to see the post count so easily.

Marty2001
07-09-2002, 08:28 PM
I like the way this forum runs
I also use techrepublic.com which has more relevant questions for me
They give you 50 points each time you log in and I am up to about 14,000
When you ask a question, you say how many points you will give for a correct answer.
The really annoying thing is that people reject good answers to save their points and I have given up answering questions there. I only browse the completed questions to see if there is anything useful now.

cappuccino
07-09-2002, 09:33 PM
For cripe's sake, is this still a place where people come to be helped and help others with their computer based queries, or what? I have been reading this forum regularly for some weeks now, and all in all I've picked up some valuable information, but it has unfortunately degenerated into a place where an Úlite bunch of would be comics try to outdo each other with witty one liners and/or post highly motivated queries like 'what sex is your computer'! Even bona fide queries often end up in private banter between 'the regulars' which must be highly amusing for those concerned, but should certainly render any manner of postings counting completely irrelevant. Some people seem to have turned this place into a geek's private playground and with patronizing remarks like yours Susan, i.e. :-

I find it valuable being able to identify new forum users - you know when to be gentle with them, whereas those who have been around a bit longer "should" be used to the ribbing and not be so intimidated by us maniacs. LOL

I'm surprised you don't scare some poor sods off altogether!

Chris Wilson
07-09-2002, 09:48 PM
cappiccino,
Get over it,
it is a forum, questions do get answered, this is BECAUSE it is
>>"a geeks playground"
which is why people who answer questions hang out here.

Susan B
07-09-2002, 09:54 PM
<YAWN>Does anyone know where the flyspray is?</YAWN>

cappuccino
07-09-2002, 10:24 PM
<YAWN>Does anyone know where the flyspray is?</YAWN>

Susan, you have just proved my point perfectly.

And for those who are counting, this is my second and final posting.

Chris Wilson
07-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Bye then cappuccino.

Mike
07-09-2002, 10:33 PM
Get over it! I don't know if you've noticed, but this site has a bit of flavour compared to a lot of other "help" sites. The people here give it that flavour. You'll also find that the majority of questions on this site are answered quickly and clearly. I have been helped many times by the people here, and the flavour of the site helps.

Mike.

Baldy
07-09-2002, 11:00 PM
> For cripe's sake, is this still a place where people
> come to be helped and help others with their computer
> based queries, or what? I have been reading this
> forum regularly for some weeks now, and all in all
> I've picked up some valuable information, but it has
> unfortunately degenerated into a place where an Úlite
> bunch of would be comics try to outdo each other with
> witty one liners and/or post highly motivated queries
> like 'what sex is your computer'! Even bona fide
> queries often end up in private banter between 'the
> regulars' which must be highly amusing for those
> concerned, but should certainly render any manner of
> postings counting completely irrelevant. Some people
> seem to have turned this place into a geek's private
> playground and with patronizing remarks like yours
> Susan, i.e. :-
>
> maniacs. LOL
>
> I'm surprised you don't scare some poor sods off
> altogether!
>

For ferks sake...... A little humour is good for the soul - and who wrote the book where it says you have to be serious all the time.

The day I am stopped from trying to crack a funny (even though I am the only one that understands the joke probably) is the day I stop comming here.

Baldy
07-09-2002, 11:08 PM
> <YAWN>Does anyone know where the flyspray is?</YAWN>
>
>
> Susan, you have just proved my point perfectly.
>
> And for those who are counting, this is my second and
> final posting.

IT WAS PROBABLY TEACHME GETTING HIS REVENGE

Kiwitas
07-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Spot on Baldy

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

PS: Got to get a giggle out of something down this way

as the weather isn't funny!

OOPS,Slightly O T!

Mr Wilson Sir!
07-09-2002, 11:20 PM
Another bullet to fire at the killjoys...

I observed some time back that those of us who joke and play here at the "geeks playground" are largely the same group that actually answer questions and encourage discussion on any given issue..

I pledge to be serious, on topic, never anything but direct, never silly,and bored shitless, but still be available here at "f1", or better still by private phone call, when and only when i receive credit card details, and a company car, so i can charge $40/hour to tell people i don't know, or ever want to how to change the settings of their e-mail clients. In the mean time, i'll play freely in the geeks playground, and within reason i'll say what i want.

PressF1 is one excellent resource, and remember kiddies, learning can be fun!

merlin-nz
07-09-2002, 11:45 PM
OK a couple of words, the day that you guys and gals stop crackin the odd joke or three I will stop comming here myself.

Hell its bloody good to have a laugh every now and then.

If you people are going to be serious all the time, how ruddy boring.

So just keep on doing what you are doing and all will be fine.

And forget the kill joys. I like it the way it is.

cheers merlin-nz ;)

Baldy
07-09-2002, 11:46 PM
> Another bullet to fire at the killjoys...
>
> I observed some time back that those of us who joke
> and play here at the "geeks playground" are largely
> the same group that actually answer questions and
> encourage discussion on any given issue..
>
> I pledge to be serious, on topic, never anything but
> direct, never silly,and bored shitless, but still be
> available here at "f1", or better still by private
> phone call, when and only when i receive credit
> card details, and a company car, so i can charge
> $40/hour to tell people i don't know, or ever want
> to how to change the settings of their e-mail
> clients. In the mean time, i'll play freely in the
> geeks playground, and within reason i'll say what i
> want.
>
> PressF1 is one excellent resource, and remember
> kiddies, learning can be fun!

Good one Mr W !

I blame it on all them in Faulty Towers (Robo, Brucie, Scott B, Mr Ed etc)
for the frivolity on this forum.....

Speaking of humourous one liners, anyone seen PoppaJ lately?

merlin-nz
07-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Poppa J, what ever happened to Elwin Way.

Last post middle of August.

cheers merlin-nz ;)

Baldy
08-09-2002, 12:38 AM
> For cripe's sake, is this still a place where people
> come to be helped and help others with their computer
> based queries, or what? I have been reading this
> forum regularly for some weeks now, and all in all
> I've picked up some valuable information, but it has
> unfortunately degenerated into a place where an Úlite
> bunch of would be comics try to outdo each other with
> witty one liners and/or post highly motivated queries
> like 'what sex is your computer'! Even bona fide
> queries often end up in private banter between 'the
> regulars' which must be highly amusing for those
> concerned, but should certainly render any manner of
> postings counting completely irrelevant. Some people
> seem to have turned this place into a geek's private
> playground and with patronizing remarks like yours
> Susan, i.e. :-
>
> maniacs. LOL
>
> I'm surprised you don't scare some poor sods off
> altogether!
>

[B]I wonder if the following, is related to the above[B]

Oh, and Elwin/Sonic or whatever you are, isn't it a bit rich for you to start an off-topic thread - and an unlabelled off-topic one at that - after whining about other people's non-computer related posts? You coffee addicts will probably argue otherwise, but coffee is actually NOT related to computer problems.

I have no objection to this thread, but I do object to hypocrites

Chris Wilson
08-09-2002, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't sweat about it Baldy,

Theres always those that complain when they see others getting on, working together, helping each other, enjoying what they do, and that sort of thing.

There's a similar mentality that sees people going to cash or deposit a cheque, and complains that the building smells like a bank.

Lets just do the most offensive thing possible, and get on with it shall we?

sam m
08-09-2002, 08:06 AM
umm........just to play the ]:) 's advocate I think there is some validity in cappucino's comments. I too have noticed since this new site was developed the flavour of the site has turned to a chatroom/forum structure. This may not be to everyone's liking and I suspect that sometimes new ppl may wonder what they have gotten into and do run away. I suppose if you are looking for proof then maybe consider this. How many times have you seen a newbie post a comment desparate for advice. Ten or so posts later with lots of advice, asides and chatroom antics (and I have participated, guilty as charged) and the post being hijacked, why is it that the newbie does not reply to any comments. ?:|

Overall I do like it here (damn it is homepage on Opera). I suspect that those that played in the the 'Candy Lounge" beta test group (and I was there too, but I was hiding in the corner) have carried on with that same relaxed chatroom style here. To some this style would be a put off and I have to agree with cappucino that possibly some newbies to this forum may well find this is not their 'cup of tea' (change of flavour for those non - coffee ppl out there ;) Susan B).

On the other hand I found cappucinos comments maybe a little too harsh and anyone working in the anger management field would recognise that his/her comments would only have two consequences and that is the "fight or flight" reaction. Basically you guys kicked his a**.

I can't but help draw similarities to cappucino's comments to those that are constantly made here by Press F1'ers against the likes of Microsoft , Telecom, PC Co, Symantec, and the like. As the products, policies or the service of these companies does not meet your individual needs then disparaging comments are made here to air your views. Like minded people with similar experience may support you BUT it is not the only view, it is your personal view and I respect that.

I think that Press F1 has developed it's own unique identity that is alot different from other forums. Maybe it's the Kiwi way.As this forum is different it has grown from the regulars' unique sense of humour and the often personal touch that is often displayed here ie.lovely comments made by and to Iris (doesn't she sound sweet) coupled with very knowledgeable and expert advice with just a hint of humility.

I think that the responses to cappucino were ummm... not necessary. I can understand where they came from tho' This forum is Personal and his comments attacked you personally. I have no personality ;) and do not have so much invested in this forum so would rather respond to him like so................

I to a certain degree do agree with your comments. As you have been browsing this site regularly you would have picked up that the environment here is more relaxed and does have it's own unique personality. I suppose if the comments or the posts here are not to your liking, do what I do, read them (or dont read them) and move on. Glean what information is relevant, use it, thank those that provided it and look for more or respond in kind to those that you can help. This site is not for everyone. I have signed up to roughly 3 maybe 4 help sites similar to this but I now only use this. Reason - I like it here. Not all the time but generally it suits me.

BTW my vote is NO to post counter.

sam m
*and here endth the sermon*
(sorry for the essay, got carried away)

Chris Wilson
08-09-2002, 11:22 AM
sam_m,
I see your point, however i think the fact that most one off newbie posts remain one off is a better reflection of human nature than a reflection of being scared off. Most newbie poster seem to post out of desperation and then quickly run back to the corners if/when the get what they want to know. I think this just shows that is where many are comfortable to be. That's OK though... some people post, some people lurk, we should expect this in any public forum.

I don't think we scare them away too much, if anything the informal attitude makes it easier for people to come out and be seen.

As for the hijacking, ( i've looked and thought about this.) generally a thread is only "hijacked" after all the direct replies have done their course anyway. I think it is the responsibility of us all to put things back "on topic" where needed, (i've said that before i think) The person with the question is always welcome to ask for a better explanation, or further detail if things need clarification.

Baldy
08-09-2002, 12:09 PM
> <YAWN>Does anyone know where the flyspray is?</YAWN>
>
>
> Susan, you have just proved my point perfectly.
>
> And for those who are counting, this is my second and
> final posting.

You been drinking too much luke warm coffee or something? Chill out man, Winter has gone - Spring is here. Sun is shining. BE HAPPY!

Chris Wilson
08-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Happy happy jOY jOY!

]:) cONSIDER THIS THREAd firmly hijacked! ]:)

antmannz
08-09-2002, 12:31 PM
*sigh*

No to highest postcount thingy, but perhaps there should be a big "Search Google First" banner :p :p

sam m
08-09-2002, 12:40 PM
Yes Chris I agree about newbies with their one off posts. I didn't explain too much in my post above about that. In many cases that would be the case. That is post a question, get the answer, end of story. I can't help but wonder tho' that some of them may have left for other reasons.

To be honest I find some of the banter that goes on here a bit too much for me and there are times when I laugh with the rest of you. I think that is what brings me back is the unpredictability of what does get discussed here eg - coffee machines? the sex of your computer? but it is all in light fun and that is cool. I agree that most of the time on topic stuff is clearly answered and then the thread does take a life of it's own sometimes. My advice to those who are not into that is just to take what you want from this forum and leave the others to have their fun.

WE know that if there is some clarification of an answer or further info needed then we will be back to ask but not all may feel that way first up. Maybe the regulars could add (if they are first to reply) that if there is any further help required then please post back. I have seen that left by some and is a nice touch

sam m

Baldy
08-09-2002, 12:49 PM
> Happy happy jOY jOY!
>
> ]:) cONSIDER THIS THREAd firmly hijacked! ]:)

Might be something to do with a prelude to Wednesday

(sorry bout that - very insensitive of me)

Graham L
08-09-2002, 02:58 PM
There is a subject to this thread to be [/] hijacked? There may have been one at the start... but this far down my short term memory has decayed.

MMM. Personal abuse doesn't help anyone. There's [b]no place for it here. There is a good reason to not be tempted to hit back: it spreads, and takes a lot of (wasted) time to die down. While the abuseathon of Tim was going on I saw one singleposter who registered to make one abusive posting.

I'm not prepared to take computers and (especially commercial) software totally seriously. But people with problems with their computers are worried about a big investment. If it's their first time of asking, they can be nervous, and worried about what we might think. So it's not unreasonable for us to be polite. It doesn't hurt. No question is silly to the questioner, but they generally don't know the jargon.

So I try to help with a smile, if I can. ;-)

Oh, yes ... "highest postcount counter"? Is it a competition? If we're on piece rates, 10000*$0.00 comes to the same amount as 1*$0.00 .

NathanTheKind
08-09-2002, 03:10 PM
No I don't like that idea. Sorry

NathanTheKind
08-09-2002, 03:16 PM
> In fact I think that once someone has hit 1000 their
> tally should disappear and be replaced with something
> like "Long term Press F1 addict" so we don't have to
> be embarrassed by how much time we spend here. :D

Now that is a good Idea. I like that

:)

SoniKalien
08-09-2002, 04:08 PM
> > For cripe's sake, is this still a place where...

<snip>

> > I'm surprised you don't scare some poor sods off altogether!

> [B]I wonder if the following, is related to the
> above[B]
>
> Oh, and Elwin/Sonic or whatever you are, isn't it a
> bit rich for you to start an off-topic thread - and
> an unlabelled off-topic one at that - after whining
> about other people's non-computer related posts? You
> coffee addicts will probably argue otherwise, but
> coffee is actually NOT related to computer problems.
>
>
> I have no objection to this thread, but I do object
> to hypocrites

(this coming from someone who posted OT urban myths that have been around for years and have circled the net about 50 times now)

That was SusanB - being the hypocrite she's accusing me of. fact is, I thought it was on topic as coffee machines are well known to be connected with computers.

And the answer is no, the postings are not related if you are trying to imply that I am posting as Cappucino. Shame on you for doing so. This is not a political board, so don't behave like a politican.

Peoples, this subject has been covered before extensively in another thread, and not that long ago either.

Suffice to say:

1) This board is not going to be changed any (bar bugs) in the near future, nor am I aware of any plans for the distant future.
2) Some like hot, some don't. Let's just agree to diagree and hope that the moderators (wherever he is) pay heed to what is going on an make a decision that is appropriate to the primary objective to the board. Until then, shutup!
3) If you want to yak about crap, go elsewhere as there are other boards more suited to that topic. Try http://www.nexus.org.nz for a start.
4) Post count has no relation whatsoever to a person's knowledge and technical ability when it comes to providing good advice and information. SusanB has proved this.

Now let's just get on with alright?

Chris Wilson
08-09-2002, 04:50 PM
CHILL

OK?

SoniKalien, you are quoting baldy, and accusing Susan. WTF?

Where is all this anger coming from? Why is it coming from so many sources, and what do we hope to acheive by posting this sort of thing here?

I don't know what the hell is going on here, i am starting to look at the phase of the moon as the cause of all this as there seems no logical explanation.

I think a high score counter is unwanted, that was the point wasn't it?
As for the can of worms this issue seems to have opened......whoa!!!!!! enough!!!!!! There seems to be something going in here that has no place here. Now please exchange email addresses, and either send abuse to each other or stop it, but PLEASE keep it out of here.

Any negitive responce to this post please send to pugwash@ihug.co.nz, while i still have that address, but no more here, K!

robo
08-09-2002, 07:25 PM
yep, that would be fun.
won't happen, though.

parry
08-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Personally I dont see a need for a high post counter. Perhaps there is a call for a separate area to post off topics but I dont mind them myself ... some are quite humorous. I would like to see some improvements though such as ....

* A link to filter all posts that have zero replies. Helps to capture those that have been pushed back a few pages.

* Some headings when you make a post come through. How often do you ask what OS - all the time. In fact, why cant the HTML take your OS automatically and include it in the post?

* Some better formatting options such as bullet points

Biggles
09-09-2002, 01:54 PM
1] high post counters. No, not going to happen. No point and we have no business wasting expensive development time with things that have no benefit.

2] Off topic discussions. Think I've said it before but will say it again. While this isn't a chat forum it is a community and we do not want to restrict you to talking about on-topic subjects - within reason. The point has been made in this thread that those who tend to partake in the off topic discussions also tend to answer a lot of the genuine questions. It is also worth noting that the regulars have put a great deal of time into the FAQs, which is a great resource, so a little give and take all round is in order.

Labelling off topic discussions as such certainly helps, and since no one is forced to read something labelled off topic, I don't see what the objection is. Perhaps we should all be a little careful about not hijacking legitimate help threads.

We do want ths to be a friendly, helpful environment, as PressF1 always has been. So insults and consisitant flaming of other users are not welcome (everyone is entitled to loose their cool now and then - I'm not gonna ban anyone for that unless they make a habit out of it. Apologies, when warranted, also help).

Let's keep it friendly people.

Chris Wilson
09-09-2002, 02:38 PM
All this silly public display of anger is more off putting than anything else.

Last night i saw a thread that was posted as Off Topic: Internet Radio I don't know what is "off topic" about internet radio, but i am beginning to think this is a symptom of people being afraid to post, in case someone has a fit about content. As far as i am concerned, if it is about computers in any way, or the way we find recourses on the internet.. it has every right to be posted here as is, and so long as the newly evolved protocol of labelling other things as "off topic", or similar is followed, words of the week, and similar are fine by me too.

There will be few who read every thread, i am no exception, and so long as the threads title gives some description of how a thread at least starts, i have no complaints as to what the content is.

BTW, this thread was not and is not labeled "Angry exchanges!"

Susan B
09-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Thank you for the official cool-headed clarification on Press F1 policy, Bruce.

May I suggest that it be put in the Help or FAQ section? That way, every time someone who makes their first, second or twentieth posting to grizzle about what they perceive to be a degeneration of the forum over the past so many weeks, can be directed there.

I am sure that an official policy will lighten up the atmosphere between those of us who enjoy the off-topic banter and those who don't. We would have guidelines (not rules) to try and stick to and those who break them can be reminded of them and those who don't like it don't have to stay.

People get the idea that Press F1 has "degenerated into a chat forum" in the last few weeks or since the new forum, but if they cared to delve into the archives they will find it has been no different since almost a year ago with a different team of "regulars".

It's pretty unbelievable that a thread began half-humourously got taken so seriously and turned so nasty. The personal insults against me have left me gobsmacked - I can't believe that anyone thinks that I am so full of myself that I believe every one of my 1000 plus posts were pure technical answers to people's problems. Show me where I have ever said that. I know I am not a computer whizz and I have never pretended to be. I have helped some people and I at least try to help a lot of others and most of the time never get feedback as to whether it worked or not.

I took robo's "congratulations" to my 1000 post milestone in the spirit that I'm sure he intended: for fun. I don't believe for a minute robo was serious about it; he knows (and wouldn't care) that half of my posts are pure waffle. I have never said they weren't.

Let's keep this forum the friendly place that it generally is. If anything is going to drive new and not so new people away it's going to be the constant round of bitching and whining every few weeks. I know that I have certainly had enough of it.

Chill out and don't be so serious.

Oh, and if anyone wants to ***** at me some more, my email is available.

Baldy
09-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Very nicely said Susan!

Poppa John
09-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Baldy. Have been keeping a low profile, my assinine sense of humour does not fit here. Poppa John :(

Chris Wilson
09-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Poppa John.

> my assinine sense of humour does not fit here

bollix i say.... it does fit!
it adds charictor infact.

Chris.

BIFF
09-09-2002, 08:30 PM
> Labelling off topic discussions as such certainly
> helps, and since no one is forced to read something
> labelled off topic

Alas ifantile off topic threads always float to the top of the list bumping legitimate posts down the page.

Mike
09-09-2002, 08:47 PM
maybe we could put all off-topic posts into this thread, then it'll be only one thread that pushes legit posts down the page

since nobody liked my idea anyway and changed the subject really quickly <sulks> :_|

Mike.

Chris Wilson
09-09-2002, 08:51 PM
well biff,

>>ifantile off topic threads always float to the top of the list bumping legitimate posts down the page.

That proves that the "off topic" threads interest people, doesn't it?

Poppa John
09-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Chris Wilson. Thanks. Poppa John.

Ps I will tell my Ex, Miss Wilson, how kind you are. PJ

BIFF
09-09-2002, 10:58 PM
> That proves that the "off topic" threads interest
> people, doesn't it?

yup, all 5 people.

Poppa John
09-09-2002, 11:22 PM
26 People actually over 55 (?) replies. Poppa John