PDA

View Full Version : Xp Pro Running Office Xp ( Outlook)

Jimbo
29-08-2002, 07:19 PM
I have seen on the postings a lot of people seem to be having probs with office XP Has any one had outlook generate an error on exit.......
ie one of those "would you like to inform Microsoft that this programme has a problem??? To program I usually answer don't send. Any help would be appreciated in getting rid of this annoyance.

Cheers Jim B

Graham Petrie
29-08-2002, 07:50 PM
I used to have this problem every time I closed Outlook. It fixed itself when I installed service pack 1 - MS has just released service pack 2 - try downlaoding and installing them both.

G P

J ZEP
29-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi Jimbo - you can also disable error reporting in xp (don't know if its the same in pro tho) by going: Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties. Single-click the Advanced tab on your System Properties dialog box.
Single-click the Error Reporting button on the Advanced tab.
On the Error Reporting dialog box, place a checkmark next to the text labeled, "Disable error reporting."
Leave the other radio button unchecked next to the text labeled, "But notify me when critical errors occur."
Click OK.
However i don't know if this will stop it in office xp too?, but found this on disabling it in office xp:
http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/m-005.shtml

So i hope that is what you meant e.g that you wanted to disable it cause it is annoying you like it does most people, sorry if you meant something else.