PDA

View Full Version : Voice recognition software please

Polk
25-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Hey

where can i download some voice recognition software? You know the thing that writes what you say into word and stuff.

Thanks

godfather
25-08-2002, 06:40 PM
There are several demo products out there (just type free voice recognition software download into www.google.co.nz)

Dont get your hopes up, I havent seen anything that is faster overall than my hunt and peck keyboard skills, and that includes the ones you buy. By the time you train them and then correct the mistakes...

If you have Office XP it has one built in. Dragon Dictate is another one on the market.

antmannz
25-08-2002, 06:46 PM
You could also take a look at this. (http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/)

It's a mouse driven typing program like none before (but still in it's development stages). It's hard to explain, you kind of have to watch the animated gif demo to understand how it works.

kiwibeat
27-08-2002, 09:47 PM
i have Via voice its only about 80% accurate though you need to train it to recognise your voice

mikebartnz
29-08-2002, 01:36 AM
I use Dragon and find it pretty good and faster than I can type(and I'm not a woodpecker). You have to spend the time at first traning it and make sure you have a good sound card