PDA

View Full Version : windows 98se wouldn't shutdown

chinadoll
24-08-2002, 04:09 PM
My windows 98se wouldn't shutdown after a good day of download from Edonkey 6.1.

I had to shutdown manually by push the shutdown button. (it ony happen when I use Edonley)

Any idea what caused it ?

Any solution would be welcomed.

Thank you.

mark c
24-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Maybe you picked up some other stuff you didn't know about. You can get Ad-Aware from http://lavasoft.com and run that, see what it picks up.

dipstick01
24-08-2002, 04:20 PM
One quick question, have you updated from microsoft for your version of windows?? There is a issue with 98se shut down that is fixed in one of the downloads.

If you have then perhaps it is a part of edonkey that is not releasing properly and so freezes the shutdown. I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix that but a search of the edonkey site or help might bring some light to the issue

chinadoll
25-08-2002, 11:50 AM
Yes, I had updated all windows98se necessary stuff.

E.ric
27-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Just when I was thinking my Windows 98se was working great.
it would hung on the reboot and not give the final message on shutdown, So I did have a look on Microsoft web site, and was going to go back there one day, to try and find the final answer, but the odd time it would work good, then the other day I decided to press "Ctrl - Alt - Delete" and selected one of the programs running then remove it off the list,

Now I am pleased to announce I can get a proper shut down every time. I just need to permently remove the program from running on the system.

E.ric
16-09-2002, 08:40 PM
I must confess that only worked for a couple of days then it stopped working, now it is all right.