PDA

View Full Version : split music tracks

awoof
22-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Is there any software that you can buy that separates the tracks on a wave or mp3 music file .
I want to seperate the vocals from the instrumental tracks

hanks
awoof

Sam H
22-08-2002, 06:53 PM
I have heard of one, It was called something like Personal DJ or Computer DJ, I will try find the link for you tonight.

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2002, 07:08 PM
I know that goldwave.com's Goldwave lets you remove vocals, If u get the addy for that DJ Software, I'd be interested

Chilling_Silence

godfather
22-08-2002, 07:46 PM
These tracks will be "homogenous" though, in that there are only Right and Left channels, and all signals on each channel are in one stream.

Any splitting will only be able to be by channel or by frequency, not a very good way of doing what you want.

The multiple tracks ended in the final mixing in the studio, you would need a full digital master for it.

Terry Porritt
22-08-2002, 08:19 PM
It may be worth while looking at karaoke software. No idea how well it works though. There have been postings in the past on this topic on F1.

If you type 'karaoke software' into a Google search it will come up with a number of sites about the topic.

Sam H
22-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry but I have been unable to dig up that link, I think the name I was thinking of may be for something else. However I know for certain I have heard about something that does what you want to do, I'm not sure how good it would do it though.

I will keep looking.

Regards
Sam

awoof
23-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks to all the replies,working on all suggestions.
While i was searching for the programs suggested i came across this site that maybe of interest.

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/59DF95F3E26CA553862567C9000A9B48

awoof