PDA

View Full Version : P200 not registering 128 SDRAM

Jace
22-08-2002, 12:32 AM
Have since bought some SDRAM133 128mb, but my computer dosn't seem to recognise the amount of ram and continues to say in system properties that it has only 32 mg. It seems to run a little faster but casheman and rambooster play up because it cant tell that it has 128mb. Even at boot up, it only clocks over saying 32mb available
Is there settings some where I have to change be it in the bios or else where.
any theories would be much appreciated
regards

Jace

Mike
22-08-2002, 01:25 AM
> Have since bought some SDRAM133 128mb, but my
> computer dosn't seem to recognise the amount of ram
> and continues to say in system properties that it has
> only 32 mg. It seems to run a little faster but
> casheman and rambooster play up because it cant tell
> that it has 128mb. Even at boot up, it only clocks
> over saying 32mb available
> Is there settings some where I have to change be it
> in the bios or else where.
> any theories would be much appreciated

I think you'll find this is an easy answer, but not one you want...

Does your system handle more than 32mb RAM DIMMs? Being a P200 I'd think that it might handle 128mb, but only with 4 32mb DIMMs inserted or the like - it probably can't handle one 128mb one. Check your motherboard manual or see if you can find some info online about your motherboard that might tell you how much it'll handle.

Mike.

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2002, 04:13 PM
If its SD-RAM That you'vejust bought, try (If you have them) Removing and older EDO RAM Chips, I had the same problem, it would only pick up half of one of my SD-RAM Chips and my 32MB EDO-RAM! I removed the EDO-RAM and it picked up both 64MB SD-RAM Chips!!!!

Try it out

Chilling_SIlence

Baldy
22-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Not sure about what the others have said, but have you pushed the new rams stick fully in (so the clips click shut)

I find that you usually have to exert quite a bit of pressure to seat them fully

BALDY :-)

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2002, 05:42 PM
True, especially if the slots not been used in a while!!!