PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home

maze
21-08-2002, 02:01 PM
My windows XP wont let me run any programs it keeps sayin it cant find the file and I aslo tried to reinstall XP but it wont or I cant I need help as I cant raely use my computer help would be great

Cheers MAZE

Mike
21-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Is it one specific program you can't run, or all programs? Can you write down and post the exact error message you get - it sounds to me like one of these viruses...

Mike.

maze
21-08-2002, 10:30 PM
The basic meesage is that it can not find the exe file it cant locate the exiqute comand therfore it wont run any program or application is this any help or do u want more info

J ZEP
21-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Hi Maze, i think Mike may be right and it may be a virus, i did a quick search as i remember somebody i know having this prob. found a bit of imfo for you to check out here and see if it sounds like your prob -
http://computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/20226.html
apparently there is a virus that does this kind of thing, no.18 in the link seems to give the instructions to rid it, if this is what is wrong with your system? But do the fix at your own risk as its a registry fix, hope it helps! or at least points you in the right direction as you could go and get some more imfo on these virus's to be sure thats what it is? Have you got up to date antivirus software????????