PDA

View Full Version : Google Tecnology

Rod ger
20-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Not a problem but this site gives a deep understanding of the outer reaches of technology that Google will go to to get you a good result.

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

E.ric
21-08-2002, 06:33 AM
At my web site recorder, I have learnt most people who come to my web site come from Google, I can see what people put into Google to come to my web site, sometimes (a lot of times) people are sent to the web site looking for things the web site can not offer the searcher, It is just the way things turned out, While I could increase the topics to avoid this, but might put me into a never ending cycle of never been able to finish the web site, this gave me a idea,

Let's say you have a web site and it is only used to sell cars, now at your web site you might often use the slogan "Our cars are the fastest things on wheels" however with Google it is possible that a lot of people could be sent to your web site from Google wishing to buy car wheels, if they use the words "Car wheels" Car from "we sell cars" and wheels from your often used slogan.

Surly it would speed the use of Internet search if you could use subtract words from the search engine, and have something like.
<meta name="keywords" content="cars, -wheels />
even thou Google might not presently use the <meta> tag to index you web site on there list.