PDA

View Full Version : wks calendar not printing

dunno
20-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Please can someone help I have just installed Microsoft Works 6.0 and the Calendar prints spasmodically I have tried printing it around 40 times and only have 3 pieces of paper to show for it. I have windows 98, old computer but new printer, also can I change to date to NZ not American

godfather
20-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Does your printer print everything else OK? If so, check the obvious under print settings such as paper size, default tray etc in case it is expecting manually fed paper. What happens when it doesnt print, are they left in the print queue, what error do you get etc..

To change date display go to Control Panel - Regional Settings. Select time zone and date format etc, apply the changes before you exit.

dunno
21-08-2002, 01:04 AM
To Godfather, I have no trouble printing anything else in works 6.0 like spreadsheet, word processor, cards addresses also no problem with word or excel or powerpoint. I have no trouble at all just calendar it just comes up calendar preparing to print in a little folder in middle of screen but then nothing prints nothing in print queue printer doesn't even appear anywhere it is so weird. I have had computer friends over but to no avail as to why it has only printed three times and no other times .
Thanks for help with the dates. Hope can help with this one it is to weird I cant figure it out. Checked drivers ports paper printer online and on at wall. I have tried everything microsoft help has suggested online I have gone to help in microsoft works but nothing PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

godfather
21-08-2002, 07:00 AM
It really does sound like a corrupt installation if its trying to print and not succeeding. If it was anything simpler it would leave a printer error

godfather
21-08-2002, 07:05 AM
OK, have you looked here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q269968&)

There are known bugs it calendar printing, and while the problems here are not exactly yours its a fair bet they have a similar cause.

By the way, this was obtained by searching on Google for Works Calendar Printing, but I assume you have taken the easy steps like this fist?

dunno
21-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Godfather, I have tried going to Googles and typing works calendar printing and it only comes up with 1 search. I have gone to microsoft there and it has my exact problem first print dialog screen comes up where you can choose how you want you calendar to print eg day list, day by appointments, weekly, monthly etc but then second dialog print screen doesn't come up hence I cant print it. They say problems are with ME Edition I have Windows 98 also if you haven't opened IE 5.5 on your computer yet, try opening IE and then quitting which I have tried I have
IE6 and have been using this for a while unfortunately the solutions they have given are not what I am looking for also I have uninstalled and reinstalled microsoft works 6.0 hoping that this might help but to no avail
Thank you for you suggestion at looking at Googles which I had not tried
but typing in works calendar 6.0 brings up 1410 searches is they anyway to narrow this down apart from the words "works calendar printing" as this only gives me one. Look forward to hearing from you

godfather
21-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Well, I get lots of hits, try adding problem to the search as well, and dont put any quotes around the string.

look here (http://www.seniors-on-line.com/discussion/_disc4/00000120.htm)

Doesnt look hopeful, as its a bug and may have no fix.

dunno
22-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Godfather Hello, I bought this package specifically for the calendar and only bought it last Friday do you think I can return it.
I am a bit computer illiterate and don't quite understand the instructions given to me by the site you gave me Seniors-on-line
Thank you so much for you help

dunno
22-08-2002, 12:57 AM
Godfather, I finally worked it out I have to go to files and folders everytime I need to print it (everyday) but at least thats better then nothing. However do you think I can uninstall IE 6 and install something else like 5.5 or not. Im not so good at this stuff and appreciate your help
Thanx Again :)

godfather
22-08-2002, 09:46 AM
IE6 integrates into the operating system in later windows versions, and can't easily be removed. I have no knowledge of windows 98.

I think you have to accept that the calendar program is buggy, and you could do severe damage trying to "fix" it without a high level of knowledge.

gramps
30-01-2005, 09:08 AM
To Godfather, I have no trouble printing anything else in works 6.0 like spreadsheet, word processor, cards addresses also no problem with word or excel or powerpoint. I have no trouble at all just calendar it just comes up calendar preparing to print in a little folder in middle of screen but then nothing prints nothing in print queue printer doesn't even appear anywhere it is so weird. I have had computer friends over but to no avail as to why it has only printed three times and no other times .
Thanks for help with the dates. Hope can help with this one it is to weird I cant figure it out. Checked drivers ports paper printer online and on at wall. I have tried everything microsoft help has suggested online I have gone to help in microsoft works but nothing PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
I try to print a calender in works but nothing happens , A little square comes up about printing then nothing happens . I have a Pen2 computer with 98second edition and explorer 6 . Every thing else works but the calanders will not print

Jen
30-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi Gramps :)

Have a look at this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Unable to Print Integrated Works Calendar (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;249736).