PDA

View Full Version : Attn Bruce - "My Settings" page

Mike
19-08-2002, 11:45 PM
I mentioned a bit about the job details on the My Settings page once before, but I've just come across a new annoyance...

I just updated my profile, and removed my entries for Job and Company. I left these fields blank, as I don't have a job, and therefore don't work for a company, however I couldn't save my new settings as "Job name can't be blank" and "Company name can't be blank" come up in red text for me to "correct". Wouldn't this be better if we were able to just leave it blank if we're not currently in employment?

Mike.

Chris Wilson
20-08-2002, 02:06 AM
Mike,

nothing stops you from entering
job = -
company = -
i'm sure that it wont make the forum spit the dummy!

Mike
20-08-2002, 03:06 AM
> Mike,
>
> nothing stops you from entering
> job = -
> company = -
> i'm sure that it wont make the forum spit the dummy!

sure, but I shouldn't have to :) I should be able to just leave the field blank if I don't have a job/company to enter in there. Just like there should be "unemployed" etc. options in the occupation drop-down boxes.

Mike.

robo
20-08-2002, 09:01 AM
I love the way I always have to enter a zip code. Don't worry, Mike, put that you work for PressF1 B-)
robo.

Biggles
20-08-2002, 09:25 AM
I know it's a pain Mike, but I suggest you do what every one else does and just put in cra.... creative answers. The fields that are there are the same fields used in the print subscriber surveys, which also don't have "unemployed" as an option. We aren't supposed to change them (no matter what logic dictates) because that would muck up the demographic analysis. So like Horiatio Nelson at Trafalgar, I put the telescope to my blind eye while you lot make it all up. I have raised the issue.

Mike
20-08-2002, 09:59 AM
> dictates) because that would muck up the demographic
> analysis.

demographic analysis? with incorrect data? what the heck did I study statistics for??? ?:|

Mike.

Chris Wilson
20-08-2002, 11:19 AM
> demographic analysis? with incorrect data? what the
> heck did I study statistics for??? ?:|
>
> Mike.

So you could be unemployed and help out at pressf1 of course..... what else?
]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:) ]:)

Biggles
20-08-2002, 11:34 AM
>demographic analysis? with incorrect data? what the heck did I study statistics for???

Hey Mike, you aren't telling me ANYTHING I didn't mention at the time. But sometimes you just have to follow orders . . . .

dot_com
20-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Mike, noone gives a toss what you do. Apart from the Tax Man of course.

Be creative/imaginative. It can be fun you know!

DC :-)

Graham L
20-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Mike: this is "demographic analysis" for marketing. The results will be "creative" anyway, who cares what the data are like?

Biggles
20-08-2002, 04:01 PM
> Mike: this is "demographic analysis" for
> marketing. The results will be "creative" anyway,
> who cares what the data are like?

Graham, I can tell you've had personal experience of "marketing". . . .