PDA

View Full Version : Wingdings replacing usual font in HTML Whochat pulldowns list..grrr

Carol T
19-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Friend chatting in HTML-based chatroom has weird occurance from time to time. The list of names in the room's pulldown list of names all spontaneously converts to Wingdings...like gibberish. I suggested it might be a virus but no, does regular virus scans. So I bring this to you guys to see if anyone has struck this before....and yes, so i can get some kudos for providing a solution *S*

Chris Wilson
19-08-2002, 11:16 PM
you say its from time to time.....
now thats weird.... All i can think is that the webmaster of the site is having a wee joke on the chat room users, and has put wingdings in as the default font for the site, or that part of it.
does it happen in any other parts of the computer, or other sites???

Carol T
22-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Nope...webmaster had never heard of it or any other users having same problem. Does not happen with any other use of the computer, but does pop up on the data boxes on a chatroom site that uses similar format. So, I am thinking perhaps is the computer's settings and little glitch in them, but don't know how to check or what to look for.

Chris Wilson
22-08-2002, 12:33 PM
When you say similar format, do you mean just drop down menus, or other things as well, if so what?

I'm really confused and intrigued by this one!

Chris.

Sam H
22-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Is it being changed to the actual windings font or are you just saying windings to describe some Weird symbols that look like windings?

Chris Wilson
22-08-2002, 04:06 PM
i'd love to look at the coding of the site...
what would the site address be?