PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2002

Zara
19-08-2002, 08:14 PM
I am running XP with Office XP Standard and I can't seem to get my Outlook to accept word as e-mail editor. Despite enabling the "use word as e-mail editor "under the outlook tools mail format options, when I go to send a new message an error message come up 'this form requires word as your e-mail editor but it is either too busy or cannot be found"and then defaults to the outlook editor. When I go back to the tools mail format option I note that the word e-mail editor option has been disengaged. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

robo
19-08-2002, 10:03 PM
There are options you need to install, I think. Get the CD out and check out what isn't installed. Should help.

I tend to discourage people from using Word as email editor as it does make you more prone to get viruses. Also, it is slower. The templates and things in Outlook are a pain. Always have trouble when I want to do an "out of the office" message.

robo.

Zara
21-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Robo
Thanks. I have tried the repair option using the XP Office Standard Disc and I still have the same problem. I am not sure what to check to see if something has been installed regarding outlook? Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter Cox
21-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Hi Zara, do you have Office 2000 as well as Office XP installed on your PC? If so go to this link and read the MS known error. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q284/9/00.ASP?

HTH PC