PDA

View Full Version : can't download properly

vk_dre
19-08-2002, 07:19 PM
hi everyone, i've have been experiencing a problem that is very annoying, whenever i click on an html link to download, it starts to download then just completes in a second , when i open the file it says that the file is corrupted and may need to be downloaded again. i used DAP to download the stuff and it works with the DAP method, but when normally downloading it never works, this only started happening after i reformatted and installed windows XP, when i had win me it worked fine. please give me a solution to fix this issue that is annoying me very much.

cheers,
v.K------------- :D

Arlonian
19-08-2002, 07:46 PM
Try reinstalling internet explorer. Or installing a newer version.

Or perhaps installing Opera.

godfather
19-08-2002, 07:48 PM
It sounds as if you are just downloading the html link itself and not the target file.
Examine how you are doing it, i.e.left click and be taken to download or right click and "save..."

Also depends how the page is coded.

vk_dre
20-08-2002, 06:33 PM
> It sounds as if you are just downloading the html
> link itself and not the target file.
> Examine how you are doing it, i.e.left click and be
> taken to download or right click and "save..."
>
> Also depends how the page is coded.

no i don't think that i am downloading the link GF, because i tried leftclicking and download & i used right click download, then the prompt comes up and says do you want to save this file or open from location, i choose save, then it starts downloading, then in 1 second it is done,
anymore suggestions?

cheers,
v.K-------------- :D

Graham L
20-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Is this one file, from one site that you are having trouble with? It could easily be an empty file at the other end. That would explain what is happening. Such things happen. Often. ;-)

vk_dre
20-08-2002, 10:37 PM
this happens at every single site i try to download from, when i right click and go to 'download with DAP' it works and downloads properly, but if i do the normal way then it doesn't work. Anymore suggestions appreciated.

cheers,
v.K--------------- :D

tweak\'e
20-08-2002, 10:53 PM
had the same problem. its something to do with how dap intergrates. don't ask me how to fix it tho :(