PDA

View Full Version : sending graphics in email

Philevans
19-08-2002, 06:39 PM
I cannot send a graphic file as an attachment nor can i send a doc file that contains a graphic.
Unti about three months ago everything was working fine - Win 2K client on a Novel 5.0 network then I suddenly began experiencing trouble emailing grahic files - Tif, Jpg and Pdf. I am using Eudora 5.1 as a mail client and I could not send those file types as attachments nor could I send a doc file that included such a graphic. I do not recall anything special (or non-special) that happened to my system at the time. I use Norton 2001 with live update on.
I tried disabling the anti-virus but it had no effect.
Recently I got a new HDD and took the opportunity to do a clean install of W2k and Eudora 5.1 but still have same problem. Ran Outlook Express and found the same problem. I can email them using another workstation in the office.
As far as I can tell it looks like a W2k problem - but I don't know what. I can see, open and modify the graphic files in Photoshop. I am logged into W2k as Administrator.
I am baffled - any help would be appreciated.
Phil Evans

Heather P
19-08-2002, 06:45 PM
It sounds like there has been a change of some sort on the Novell server.

If you try sending emails from another workstation - is it under your login or someone elses?

Check with the Novell administrator.

Philevans
20-08-2002, 01:53 PM
The problem exists regardless of whether i am on the Novell network or not. I have a 56K modem attached to my workstation and I use that to send email. It is not shared by anyone else.