PDA

View Full Version : Networking

clearview
18-08-2002, 06:33 PM
I have win 98 on 1 computer & xp & 98 on another. The system with 2 os's has trios 2000, so hard drives are seperate. I cannot get full internet access from the guest computer through the host computer. I want to be able to do windows update on guest system through the host system. I can get intenet access but can't do the updates as everything internet related happens to the host system. Has anyone got a suggestion that will work please.

Susan B
18-08-2002, 06:49 PM
People have recommended ProxyPlus to get a network sharing an internet connection.

tweak\'e
18-08-2002, 07:04 PM
whats "trios 2000" ?

what os is guest pc and what os is host pc?

what are you useing on host pc to supply internet to guest pc?

if you can get net access then you shouldn't have any probs with windows updates. unless you are useing some form of proxy which windows updates doen't work with.

Graham Petrie
18-08-2002, 07:11 PM
tweak'e, I think a trios is one of those drive caddys that holds three drives. Each drive has an OS installed on it. You flick a switch on the front before you boot, and it boots from the selected drive as if it were C:. negates the need to "multiboot". PC sees the selected drive as the active partition.

G P

clearview
18-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Trios is a 3 hard drive caddyas described by GP.
The guest & host have win 98 se2. I have tried wingate, but that made it unusable.
I connected the computers with network neighbourhood, but that was just file transfers. PC anywhere was the most successful.