PDA

View Full Version : ctrl alt delete (start up)

yoonboy
18-08-2002, 02:01 PM
can anyone tell me wht BWDelay, Rundll, Osd is and is it important? Could i remove it from the start up list? Without it affecting my computer?

teachme
18-08-2002, 03:07 PM
yes u can dum ding i did it and my com is fine u only need systray and explorer

dipstick01
18-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Go have a look here for all the details on startup Pacs Portal (http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm)

Genci
18-08-2002, 03:51 PM
> i did it and my com is fine

Congratulations Teachme on fixing your PC - guess we won't be hearing from you anymore :D

Chris Wilson
18-08-2002, 07:12 PM
as dipstick suggests pacs portal is well worth checking out.
there are probably heaps of useless programs that start up and run in the background. pacs portal explains them all.

spyware installs itself to run on start up, and much other software creates the illusion of being fast and light on your old slug by running some of it funtions in the background on start up of machine, and therefore appears to be really quick to load when you fire up the program...

pacs explains all this, and has a huge list of what you might see, and what it actually does. it also suggests if you need it or not, AND why

its not unusual, if youve never been through the start up list, to find yerself telling the programs that are there at start up to wait untill required, or go away all together.

Chris Wilson
18-08-2002, 07:14 PM
BTW, it is only the politely written programs that show up in the ctrl+alt+del list, theres usually A LOT more