PDA

View Full Version : display property box stuck on large icons and text

unity
17-08-2002, 06:33 PM
I am stuck on huge icons and text
in the display property box the square containg the change the screen area has only less or more and its stuck on more nothing i do can get it to move the middle setting is not present which is the normal setting. I have had this fixed by someone who didn't tell me how to do but when comp crashed it reverts to its orginal setting any one have any ideas

antmannz
17-08-2002, 07:15 PM
I'd suggest that you grab and install updated display drivers for your video card - sounds like there could be something screwy there.

unity
18-08-2002, 12:39 PM
how do i do that and how do i know what driver ? yes there is definitly something screwy going on its called microsoft !!!! ta for advice

antmannz
18-08-2002, 01:12 PM
First of all, do you know what kind of video card your computer has?
ie. Nvidia Geforce, 3dfx Voodoo, ATI Radeon, etc.

If so, go to the manufacturers web site and search for drivers for your particular card.

If not, go to the display properties window (right click a blank area of your desktop, choose properties from the pop-up menu), click the settings tab, then the Advanced... button.
Select the Adapter tab on the next window, hit the Change... button, then Next >.
Make sure Search for a better driver is selected & hit Next >.
Pop the CD that came with your PC, or your Windows CD in (the CD that came with your PC is the better one), make sure there is a tick by CD-ROM drive and click Next >.
Hopefully, the next screen should display the correct driver for your PC, click Next > , follow the on screen instructions and cross your fingers. :)