PDA

View Full Version : installing two windows at once

teachme
17-08-2002, 11:20 AM
hi guys is it possible for me to install win2000 on e:/ drive then formatt c:/drive so when win me is gone i dont have to worry about having no windows
and all my junk on c drive will be gone

what im trying to say is can i formatt c drive with win me and then have win2000 take over with now probs

Terry Porritt
17-08-2002, 11:29 AM
You haven't listened to all the advice you've been given Teachme, though maybe you are trying a bit more.

Just leave things things alone and learn how to drive the system you've got, will you? Else you will get flack again, and you wont like that.

When you are expert with what you've got then come back and ask about multi-booting.

teachme
17-08-2002, 11:37 AM
i thougth pressf1 was suppose to answer questions and hellp!!
and u tell me if its possible and tell me how to do it

i really want to get windows 2000 and a fresh start

Baldy
17-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Whats wrong with WinME?

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Tim!!!

I have given you instructions on how to prepare you computer for windows 2000 here (http://pressf1.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=23672&message=74654)

Once you have done all that, I will tell you how to go about instaqlling 2000. Walk before you run mate.

G P

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 02:17 PM
honestly installing your operating system from scratch will be a big learning curve.. i strongly suggest that you get that one right before you do the multi-boot multi operating system steps

Ok, i've never done it, apart from an attempted hack (long story) mainly because i have never had a computer that i didn't give a toss about, and a spare week to learn the hard way from my mistakes.. and there will be mistakes on that one.. big ones at first..

I have advised caution with formatting and installing one operating system. Do the format & one operating system. Take care as you do it and then, once that makes sense, you may be ready to tackle multi boot, but i suspect after doing all of that, you might just want to enjoy the machine, and you may not want to try multi boot for a while.

After observing others i strongly discourage anyone from trying to install multiple operating systems UNTILL a singleoperating system install is resonably instintive.

teachme
17-08-2002, 03:22 PM
nothings wrong with me its justs i want to reformat and i cant reinstall me because i dont have it and i can get 2000 so im getting it
and i want to reformatt because my computer is full of junk and i want a fresh start

and i still have the cds with my drivers and all that!

TiMa:*)

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 03:32 PM
it's not that hard to install ME as a second operating system but install 2000 first...
once again i am speaking from observation rather than personall success. the only dual operating system i have ever done was win2000 and win 2000 (it was an attempt to mess with the first install and change the admin password) theres a lot to look up, on the net for guidance. and it may prove more a pain than it is worth, but then, i'm a caveman running 98se, the operating system of choice, becuase it's lite stablish and fast.

teachme
17-08-2002, 04:22 PM
ok, i dont want win me because i cant get it thats why i want win 200 after my format soon

and is win98se a totally different win to win98 or is it win98 with a pach to make it 98se

what im trying to say is are they two different windows u can buy??

teachme
17-08-2002, 04:26 PM
grayham!!

i already said i followed yo insrutions and i have nothing i want to back up and i havent downloaded the drivers for my hardware for win2000 because i want too no all the steps involed in reinsatlling windows before i waste another cdr so can you tell me how to reinstall windows firslt
plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

teachme
17-08-2002, 04:42 PM
oopss!! sorry i spelled grayham

its suppose to be graham

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 05:21 PM
98SE is windows 98 second edition
or in other words windows 98 with most of the bugs fixed! ]:)

it's generally better to get the version of an operating system that is the last one before the bran new set of bbugs under a new name is released for that very reason.

OK, how to format and reinstall...
(Everyone,please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on any of the commands...)
also note this is the simplified version. read it all before you start, and look elseware for futher advice.

first make a windows boot disk if you dont already have one
go int the bios if needed, and change it so that the computer will boot of a floppy

insert floppy, and restart computer.

you should eventually see a black screen with a dos promt.

type "format C:" (without " 's) wait the process out.

you have now cleared the first partition.

What size is it?????

assuming that it is 5 gig or more, you can then install windows

2 options here,

the easiest is straight from the CD.

my favourate way, is to copy the CD onto the second (or third) partition, and install from there. if you do that, copy the entire windows CD to a folder called D:\2000 obviously you must do this while you still have doze on your system.

either run the CD F:\setup.exe, unless the bot disk find sit and just does it for you... or
run D:\2000\setup.exe

follow the on screen instructions, it will ask questions which you will have to answer... you'll see as it goes

Ta DA! new windows

BTW, as i'm sure you know, when changing settings of many things in windoze, you will need the CD, but NOT if you do the install from the second partition HD, as it will remember where it was installed from and go looking there for stuff about what network proticol is to be installed etc.

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 05:24 PM
OK Tim here goes...

I assume you dont' want to multiboot with ME. (BTW Chris - you actually shoucld install ME before 2000 so that ME doesn't wipe the 2000 boot sector. BUt that's beside the point.)

OK - step one. Make sure that you have Wndows 2000 drivers on your driver CD's. If you don't you will have to download them.

You said you have nothing you want to backup - I hope you are right.

Now, I just had a thought. Could you please post back with the details of your HD's.

How many do you have?

How big?

Are they partitioned?

What sizes are the partitions, and what are they used for?

Cheers

G P

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 05:38 PM
thanks Graham..
one day that little piece of info may save me alot of grief

teachme
17-08-2002, 05:53 PM
finally a reply
> OK Tim here goes...
>
> I assume you dont' want to multiboot with ME. (BTW
> Chris - you actually shoucld install ME before 2000
> so that ME doesn't wipe the 2000 boot sector. BUt
> that's beside the point.)

no i dont want o multi boot what ever that is

>
> OK - step one. Make sure that you have Wndows 2000
> drivers on your driver CD's. If you don't you will
> have to download them.

i want o seee how hard it is to install windows before i start any big downloads

> You said you have nothing you want to backup - I hope
> you are right.

thats right i have junk thats why i want to reformatt and i cant get me again because i dont have the disk thats why im getting 2000

> Now, I just had a thought. Could you please post
> back with the details of your HD's.
i
> How many do you have?

i have one hardrive

>
> How big?
40 gb (at 5400rpm)

> Are they partitioned?

yes i have 3 partitions c d and e
>
> What sizes are the partitions, and what are they used
> for
c: 9.75gb i use this for everthing dowloads etc
d: 9.75 me and my sisters homework files and word docs
e:17.7 nothing spear
>
> Cheers
>u too
> G P

TiM:*)

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Chris,

Check out FAQ #2 Multi-booting a Windows System (http://pressf1.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=21527)

and

KB Article on Multi booting XP (Similar principles) (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306559)

**Hides from Merlin :-)**

G P

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 06:03 PM
>>>i want o seee how hard it is to install windows before i start any big downloads

make sure you have drivers for the modem before you do this, as otherwise you wont be able to download after! ( i am assuming you are on dial up, as you havent said otherwise)
You can always stash them on drive D:

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 06:10 PM
OK man - hold on.

Now, there are two ways of going about this. The easy way, and the hard way.

The easy way **should** work, but if it doesn't I'll give you instructions for the hard way.

THE EASY WAY

1. Insert the Windows 2000 CD.
1. Copy the entire contents of the CD to a new folder in e: called win2000.
1. Click Start>Run and then type e:\win2000\i386\winnt.exe
1. Press Enter.

You are now installing Windows 2000.

When you are in the install program, it will ask you where to install Windows 2000. Tell it to install it on c: and tell it to format the partition by using the NTFS file system. (There are three or four options - choose the one to format the partition using NTFS)

The setup program will reformat the partition for you so you don't have to worry about it.

You will then procedd through the rest of the process, and like magic, you will have installed Windows 2000.

Make sure you dont install it on d: or e: as it won't work.

If that doesn't work, you will have to do it the hard way. Try the easy way first.

Good luck.

G P

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Oops!

It should have been...

1. Insert the Windows 2000 CD.
2. Copy the entire contents of the CD to a new folder in e: called win2000.
3. Click Start>Run and then type e:\win2000\i386\winnt.exe
4. Press Enter

Sorry.

G P

(You can install the OS using the CD, but I like this way better.)

G P

teachme
17-08-2002, 06:18 PM
> 98SE is windows 98 second edition
> or in other words windows 98 with most of the bugs
> fixed! ]:)
> so i can to win 98 into 98se just by updating 98 with download from the net?

>
> OK, how to format and reinstall...
> (Everyone,please feel free to correct me if i'm
> wrong on any of the commands...)
> also note this is the simplified version. read it all
> before you start, and look elseware for futher
> advice.

> if ure not sure im not going to do any thing you listed untill someone verifies it

> go int the bios if needed, and change it so that the
> computer will boot of a floppy
> i have no idea how to do that and my computer been reformatted before so i dont think i have to touch that but i got my motherboard changed so i think i have to do that, can u explain how to do that with more details

> insert floppy, and restart computer.
>
> you should eventually see a black screen with a dos
> promt.
>
> type "format C:" (without " 's) wait the process
> out.
> do i type format C:" (without " 's) or format C:"

> you have now cleared the first partition.
>
> What size is it?????
9.75gigs
>
> assuming that it is 5 gig or more, you can then
> install windows
>
> 2 options here,
>
> the easiest is straight from the CD.
>
> my favourate way, is to copy the CD onto the second
> (or third) partition, and install from there. if you
> do that, copy the entire windows CD to a folder
> called D:\2000 obviously you must do this while you
> still have doze on your system.
>
> either run the CD F:\setup.exe, unless the bot disk
> find sit and just does it for you... or
> run D:\2000\setup.exe

> cool so i can have the win ready for me

> follow the on screen instructions, it will ask
> questions which you will have to answer... you'll see
> as it goes
i know i seen it be for but what if it ask me a option and i know nothing about it what do i do now ayy eg a option made a guys computer turn on ever time someome phones him
>
> Ta DA! new windows
>
> BTW, as i'm sure you know, when changing settings of
> many things in windoze, you will need the CD, but NOT
> if you do the install from the second partition HD,
> as it will remember where it was installed from and
> go looking there for stuff about what network
> proticol is to be installed etc.
>
> cool thanks im all set

no im thinking what shall i get win2000 which the guy at the computer shop has for his gaming coms

or b have win 98 like the you (a pro that nos everythin)and update it to win98se
(i once saw win 98 at the warehose for $8.00 (on clearance)so i think i can still get that if it isnt already gone
>

if up to u

note i want a os thats perfect for games and isnt resorce hungry like win me (which i blame for all my probs) and can do stuff like defrag

Chris Wilson
17-08-2002, 06:19 PM
oops the instructions i gave were more specific to win98......
i'll shut up now!

teachme
17-08-2002, 06:21 PM
yeah i have a dial up cause im poor!!!!
i got slingshot which is unlimited for only $14.99 a month
and its not even my conection its my cousins , cousins
and he dosnt even no im using his connection ahhahahahah

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 06:24 PM
WARNING!!!

I just read another thread of yours on this topic. I still don't think you understand about drivers.

Each opreating system has different drivers.

If you have Windows ME drivers, they WILL NOT work with Windows 2000.

You have to MAKE SURE you have WIndows 2000 drivers.

This is especially true for your modem. You cannot download drivers if your modem doesn't go.

Make sure you have Windows 2000 drivers BEFROE you reformat and install Windows 2000.

If you don't listen to this, I will not help you pick up the peices at the other end.

P.S. Save the drivers on d: That way they will still be there after the reinstall.

In answer to your other question - a reformat/reinstall only affects the partition you install onto d: and e: will still be there with all the info on them as long as you don't reformat them aswell.

G P

Heather P
17-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Tim,

Everyone has given advice but they have missed the Very Important first step.

Before deleting ANYTHING ask your parents first!

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 06:26 PM
I don't think your cousin will find that funny. If you go online at the same time as him, he will get charged a lot of money!! It is unlimited, but only for one connection at a time.

I hope he finds out.

G P

Baldy
17-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Tim,
If you are only wanting to get rid of all the rubbish on your hard drive, why don't you just delete all the programs. You can do this from Add/Remove, then download adaware (think its called that) clean out the registry, then clean everything up with one of the WinME programs - which will get rid of any rubbish thats left in there (like temp files) .

That way your computer will probably run smoother.

Better still, ask your Dad for a few dollars, and take your computer to a good techie, and ask him to do a complete clean-up/tune and full test for you. Might save you a lot of worry, as you obviously don't have the knowledge or confidence to follow the very easy and comprehensive instructions you have been given on this forum.

I don't see what further advice you will understand.

BALDY

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 11:14 PM
Have you noticed that earlier Tim was very persistant in his nagging for an answre, but now there is silence.

Does this mean it is ater his bed-time, or has he **gulp** taken the plunge and done it.

:o

G P

Baldy
18-08-2002, 12:03 AM
God Almighty.... if it all goes to custard (and more than like it will) it will be OUR fault.

The funny thing about this is, he has been having these problems for weeks now. I don't understand why he didn't get it sorted out when he was at the computer shop on Sunday.

Merlin
18-08-2002, 02:30 AM
Short answer - no.

All MS operating systems have the system files installed on the first bootable hard drive - designated as C.
A workaround is to use third party software to access MS operating systems completely installed on physical drives other than the first one.

Multi booting is choosing from several operating systems installed on the same computer.

Graham - why hide? Too late.

teachme
18-08-2002, 10:07 AM
> Have you noticed that earlier Tim was very persistant
> in his nagging for an answre, but now there is
> silence.
yeah my mum said i had to go to sleep!!
>
> Does this mean it is ater his bed-time, or has he
> **gulp** taken the plunge and done it.
> no im not that dum i just went to sleep
i not going to start any thing till im sure what im doing and why would i reinstall windows at night time, ill be to tied

hahaha u cant spell answer
> :o
>
> G P..........TiM:*)

teachme
18-08-2002, 10:26 AM
> I don't think your cousin will find that funny. If
> you go online at the same time as him, he will get
> charged a lot of money!! It is unlimited, but only
> for one connection at a time.
oooooooooh ****!!!!!!!! how do i no if im connecting the same time he is!!!! and i been connecting alot to talk to u guys
> I hope he finds out.
why i thought u were my friend!!!!!11
> G P

teachme
18-08-2002, 10:35 AM
this is the info that berarc thing gave me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal use only. Use on multiple PCs in a corporate, educational, military or government installation is prohibited. See the license agreement for details. The information on this page was created locally on your PC by the Belarc Advisor. Your computer profile was not sent to a web server. Click here for more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Belarc

PC Management Products

Your Privacy

Computer Profile Summary
Computer Name: E6z0d5
Profile Date: Sunday, August 18, 2002 09:31:00
Advisor Version: 5.1g

Click here for Belarc's PC Management products, for large and small companies.

Operating System System Model
Windows Millennium Edition (build 4.90.3000) ECS M830LR
System Serial Number: 123456890
Asset Tag: 0123ABC
Chassis Serial Number: 123456890
Processor a Main Circuit Board
1050 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ECS M830LR
Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T 04/02/01
Drives Memory Modules
39.99 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
32.82 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

DVD/CDRW RW9060 [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

Generic IDE hard disk drive (39.99 GB) -- drive 0 256 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' is Empty
Slot '1' has 256 MB
Slot '2' is Empty
Slot '3' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 10.48 GB 3.95 GB free
d: (on drive 0) 10.48 GB 9.84 GB free
e: (on drive 0) 19.03 GB 19.03 GB free

Logins Network Drives
t

Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Printers
WinME
UPD290700 (details...)

Click here to see all available security Hotfixes.

Marks a HotFix that verifies correctly
Marks a HotFix that fails verification
(Failing hotfixes need to be reinstalled)
An unmarked HotFix lacks the data to allow verification Canon S100SP on USBPRN01

Controllers Display
Standard Floppy Disk Controller
Primary Bus Master IDE controller (dual fifo)
Secondary Bus Master IDE controller (dual fifo)
SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller ASUS V7100PRO/SI416 v11.01c [Display adapter]
Default Monitor
Plug and Play Monitor
Bus Adapters Multimedia
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller Gameport Joystick (no joystick connected)
MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
SiS 7012 Audio Driver
Wave Device for Voice Modem
Communications Other Devices
Intel HaM Data Fax Voice #2 [Modem]
Network IP Address: 202.89.144.168 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
Software Licenses

Microsoft - Internet Explorer 52782-OEM-0001051-71929
Microsoft - MediaPlayer 52782-OEM-0001051-71929
Microsoft - Money 2001 53511-OEM-0000007-00000
Microsoft - Works 6.0 17002-OEM-0000007-00000
Microsoft - Works and Money 2001 28700-OEM-0000007-00000
Microsoft - Money 2001 53511-OEM-0000007-00000
Microsoft - Office 17002-OEM-0098146-16247
Microsoft - Windows Millennium Edition 52782-OEM-0001051-71929 (Key: CCYW7-3QYMP-T6XGB-KRGW4-V6RG3)
Microsoft - Word 2000 SR-1 17002-OEM-0098146-16247

Software Versions
Adaptec - Easy CD Creator Version 3.5c (266)*
Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5.0.0.0*
Apple Computer, Inc. - QuickTime QuickTime 5.0.1*
Apple Computer, Inc. - QuickTime QuickTime 5.0.2*
Atomic Clock Sync *
Belarc Advisor and BelLive - Belarc's Content Personalization with Privacy Version 5.1g*
bleem! Version 1.4*
Canon BJ Printer Driver Installer Version 3.0.1.950*
Cinematronics - 3D Pinball Version 4.90.3000.1*
Corel Corporation - Flow! (TM) Version 4.00.076*
CyberLink PowerDVD Version 1.50.0223a*
DBConvert Application Version 1, 0, 0, 1*
Desktop Architect Version 1, 0, 0, 0*
DFKC 2000 for WIN *
DFKC DEMO *
DFKC Static Translate *
DFKC translate *
Drive Image 4.0 *
Drive Image File Editor 4.0 *
Drive Image Scheduler *
Game Dictionary Expert *
Havas Interactive AutoUpdate Version 4,0,4,1*
Headlight Software, Inc. - GetRight Version 4.5*
ICQ ICQRun Version 1, 0, 0, 1*
ICQ Version 2002a Beta*
ICQUninstall Application Version 1, 0, 0, 1*
LavaSoft - Ad-aware, multi spyware removal utility Version 5.6*
Microsoft (r) PCHealth Version 4.90.0.2525*
Microsoft (r) Windows Script Host Version 5.1.0.4615*
Microsoft Clip Gallery Version 5.2.01.0223*
Microsoft Corporation - DirectShow Version 6.4.07.1112* Microsoft Corporation - Encarta Encyclopedia Version 10.0.0.0724*
Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 5.50.4134.600*
Microsoft Corporation - Messenger Version 4.6*
Microsoft Corporation - MSN Gaming Zone Version 1.00.523.4*
Microsoft Corporation - Spider Version 2, 0, 0, 1*
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version 1.0.1376.0*
Microsoft Corporation - Windows® NetMeeting® Version 3.01*
Microsoft Money Version 9.00.0831*
Microsoft Office 2000 Version 9.0.3508*
Microsoft Office 2000 Version 9.0.3822*
Microsoft(R) Windows Media Player Version 7.00.00.1440*
Microsoft® Internet Services Version 6.1.33.0*
Microsoft® Works 6.0 Version 6.00.1828.1*
Microsoft® Works 6.0 Version 6.00.1903.0*
Microtek - Scanner Detector Version 1, 0, 0, 1*
Microtek - ScanSuite Version 1, 0, 0, 1*
Play Return to Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer *
Play Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player *
Radiate, Inc. - Go!Zilla Version 4, 1, 0, 37*
RealNetworks, Inc. - RealPlayer (32-bit) Version 6.0.9.357*
Symantec Corporation - LiveUpdate Version 1.70.22.0*
System Diagnostic *
Ulead - iPhoto Express Version 1.1*
Ulead Systems, Inc. - IPHOTO EXPRESS *
Ulead Systems, Inc. - iPhoto Express Explorer *
Valve, L.L.C. - CounterStrike Launcher Version 1, 0, 0, 4*
WinZip Version 8.0 (3105)*
WordWeb *
²¾°£¥þ¤Í ScanSuite *
²¾°£¦w¸Ë Version 0*

* Click to see where software is installed.
a. Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis.
Copyright 2000-1, Belarc, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legal notice. U.S. Patent 5665951 and Patents pending.

teachme
18-08-2002, 10:38 AM
there every one i posted my pc info now can u see all the junk installed in my com

teachme
18-08-2002, 10:45 AM
oooooooooooooh ****
bruce my mum said to delete the post right now or im in deeeeeeeeeeep ****

hurrrrrry

SoniKalien
18-08-2002, 11:32 AM
HAHAHAHA !!!!!

Boy you got a lot to learn...

:^O

Baldy
18-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Teachme:

Pull the horse up boy!

Where is the "junk" you are talking about on your computer?

Apart from stuff like Mozilla, just about everything else (correct me if I am wrong guys) is bog standard MS software, that comes "free" with WinME. I got most of it on my computer.

Forget about it, and just start enjoying your computer.

teachme
18-08-2002, 12:58 PM
f u
all that is junk and i can get word xp and exel xp all that is crap software that doesnt work any more
heres a list

return to cas wolfenstein
scan suit
go zilla (is a spy ware)
cs which has some bugs
and i got other stuff that is not on the list like

need for speed (the hole game is installed)
nj star
adaware

and i cs version is suppose to be 1.5 but system restore changed it back to 1.4 so that is 18 megs gone

and my other software i having listed got some bugs and so does windows

and dont tell me to undo system restore because i cant (long story, dont ask)

and i want win2000 because its is not as resorce hungry like a certain window i have

antmannz
18-08-2002, 01:16 PM
Teachme:
You want to install Win2K ?? Just do it -- heaps of ppl here have given you advice on how to, so go ahead. :|

Terry Porritt
18-08-2002, 01:43 PM
http://bloodnok.net/twisted.wav (23KB)

http://bloodnok.net/yingtongiddleipo.wav (33KB)

Graham Petrie
18-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Hmm, I thought you'd slipped off the edge of the internet, Merlin, as I hadn't heard from you in a long while.

Why hide?
Well, I was sure you'd have something to say - you usually do :D Oh well, good to see you back - you usually tidy up my little slips here and there.

Teach,

>I thought you were my friend

I am happy to help. I still would find it funny if your cousin found out. I mean you are stealing from him in a way. Don't sweat it.

>you can't spell answer

Yes I can - it was a slip of the fingers.

Oh, why does your Mum want that post removed?? Look, apart from gozilla (which Adaware should remove) the only superfluous software on your PC is that you have Microsoft Works and Office 2000. Office 2000 is good. Office XP isn't much better. I have both, and apart from a few small things I can't tell the difference. Don't waste your money on Office XP.

If you really want Windows 2000 (and I must admit it is not a bad OS) then get on with it. However, I think that 2000 will trip you up - it is not as easy to use as ME for a beginner - there are pitfalls. Up to you man.

G P

dot_com
18-08-2002, 04:13 PM
I agree with Graham and Blady,

I got Windows ME on my computer and most of the stuff you have TeachME is standard Windows programs. Like it all comes free with your computer......

Just leave it all there, download PCPitstop (it will tell you what needs adjustment, and get on playing your games and having fun.

WhO knows, you might never have to come back to this forum

DC :^)

teachme
18-08-2002, 08:54 PM
> I agree with Graham and Blady,
no u dont u agree with me , hahahah
> I got Windows ME on my computer and most of the stuff
> you have TeachME is standard Windows programs. Like
> it all comes free with your computer......
ok
> Just leave it all there, download PCPitstop (it will
> tell you what needs adjustment, and get on playing
> your games and having fun.
cool, is it free and give me a link directly to the download page
> WhO knows, you might never have to come back to this
> forum
yes i will
> DC :^) <----- hahahahaha thats your nose, hahahah very funny
TiM:*) hahahah the asterix is my mole

dot_com
18-08-2002, 09:02 PM
()()*

The asterix is a boil on my bum

Chris Wilson
18-08-2002, 09:09 PM
tim please use a search engine!
you'll find pitstop if you do.

teachme
18-08-2002, 09:14 PM
> Tim,
> If you are only wanting to get rid of all the rubbish
> on your hard drive, why don't you just delete all the
> programs. You can do this from Add/Remove, then
theres one prob, it justs says error can load uninstall log, i think
> download adaware (think its called that) clean out
yes thats whats its called, and i allready have it
> the registry, then clean everything up with one of
> the WinME programs - which will get rid of any
> rubbish thats left in there (like temp files) .
thats what u think
> That way your computer will probably run smoother.
i dont that will ever happen unless one of yous come to my house and help
> Better still, ask your Dad for a few dollars, and
> take your computer to a good techie, and ask him to
> do a complete clean-up/tune and full test for you.
not possible, already spent anough onl my com
> Might save you a lot of worry, as you obviously don't
> have the knowledge or confidence to follow the very
> easy and comprehensive instructions you have been
> given on this forum.
i know its eazy but im no sure about the question that my com will ask durring the process
> I don't see what further advice you will understand.
give me much advice as possible
i promise i read and understand
>
> BALDY
TiM:*) hahahahah i have hair, im not bald

SoniKalien
18-08-2002, 09:59 PM
I doubt anybody here would be willing to come to your house to fix (presumably) your PC, without (presumably) getting paid for it.

Maybe you should take your PC back and swap it for a PS2 and some games...

SiK

(*) the asterix is your brain (actual size)

dipstick01
19-08-2002, 01:56 AM
I think his mum is panicking about this post as halfway through the list of his puter stats is his Windows ME cd key, if its a copy like the version of xp he was talking about a while ago then someone could be in big trouble.

As to your computer problems this is a help forum where people VOLUNTEER to help others that ask nicely for it, we are not paid for doing this so why should we take the rubbish from you after the amount of time and effort people have put in to help.

I think you have had more than ample chances and from now on your posts will not be answered from me

If you want to learn about computers then I suggest you buy a book or go to the library

Chris Wilson
19-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Tim,
Rather than throw every option around as if you are going to do it, i think you need to decide on which operating system you are going to install.. and FOCUS on doing that.
It would appear that you have either ME and/or 2000
You don't have a copy of 98, so considering it was a waist of time.
On summery, which is the better system is a matter of taste, i prefer 98 possibly only because it is the devil i know, others will argue until death for 2000, ME, XP etc.
either fix it, or start again.. but make a decision....

Another point.. slow down a bit, enough to make it one thing at a time, we will help a lot more if there isn't 20 unactioned things already floating around.

teachme
19-08-2002, 12:30 PM
u guys a forgetting why im getting win 2000 in the first place
reason: my com has about 2 GIGS of junk i cant get rid of, SO im formatting my hdd, and when i do that, ill lose windows, and cant get ME back cause cant access the cd,BUT I can gett 2000 thats why im GETTINg 2000. ITS NOT CAUSE i want it badly or no reason, its cause its the only win that is avalible for me after formatt!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah my driver cds are compatable with win 2000!!!

Chris Wilson
19-08-2002, 12:33 PM
cool so 2000 it is... good we are getting somewhere!

teachme
19-08-2002, 12:45 PM
finally you guys understand!!!!!