PDA

View Full Version : I want to turn off the right click on the mouse

Gill
16-08-2002, 11:38 PM
I work with special needs students and would really like to be able to turn off the right click on the mouse so that if it is accidently clicked then nothing would happen.
At the moment things go to custard as they right click and then without realizing it select something etc etc.
The other problem is that the computer is also used by adults who can cope with both clicks (clever aren't we) so when they log on, the mouse needs full functioning.
I wondered whether you can buy a mouse with just one click (like the old apples used to have) but haven't had any luck with this.
Operating system Windows 98

Graham Petrie
16-08-2002, 11:54 PM
I know I'm likely to be lynched, but get a Mac :-)

G P - Ex mac, but now avid PC user.

tweak\'e
17-08-2002, 12:16 AM
go to control panel/mouse and depending on drivers installed you can disable or arrange the buttons to your hearts content.

Heather P
17-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Login with a password and profiles?

Student login get a non-functioning mouse button, adult login gets the full works.

SoniKalien
17-08-2002, 01:05 AM
I believe you will find what you need, and more, here: http://www.phord.com/keyblock.html and download rightoff.zip (18k)

What I suggest you do is put the program in a folder deep somewhere, create a shortcut in that folder, and then edit the shortcut properties to asign a hotkey that your users are not likely to accidentally hit.

Then all you have to do is press the hotkey combination to turn right click on and off.

QED :D

Gill
17-08-2002, 09:29 AM
Well I had a look at this one again in case I had missed something but all I can do is swap them over...........my heart is not contented!

Gill
17-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Bingo - just what I need, will fiddle around with it.
Thanks wish I had asked this ages ago because I've been surfing and searching for ages
Cheers

Mike-Y
17-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Perhaps this will do the trick. Backup your registry first though:
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/160/