PDA

View Full Version : cant install game!

teachme
16-08-2002, 07:32 PM
when i intalled wolf my computer freezes and the sound repeats so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, i don this a bout three times now i cant install it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim:*( the asterix is my mole

Baldy
16-08-2002, 10:30 PM
You must have got the Big Bad Wolf......... Little Red Riding Hood will be most pleased

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 01:11 AM
Tim, you got your PC fixed and told us all at 12:39pm on August 16.

You posted this thread on the same day at 6:32pm.

6 hours must be some kind of record for breaking a freshly fixed machine.

Congratulations

G P

Baldy
17-08-2002, 12:03 PM
I think he's taking the piss Graham. Either that, or from ward 10

Graham Petrie
17-08-2002, 01:02 PM
I don't think he is - see his other posts.

Ward 10 it is.

G P

teachme
17-08-2002, 05:33 PM
fine i tell u the answer to my question i can install its because of a security thing i can only install it in three different computers then i cant install it in any other computer thats why

and if your wondering why i asked if i already know its because i was just seeing if im right!1 and if any one else new another reasonn!!!!!!!!!1

now can u tell me how to instal win2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i find the instrutions imposible to follow or way to hard i wont download the drivers for my hardware from the net

but if it seems to easy and i know i can do it ill do all the peperations yoou told me to do and then finally reformatt and get rid of all my junk that i cant uninstall and have a fresh start
and possibly get rid of all my software problems . i already got rid of my hardware promblems

now is it to much to ask!!!!!!!!

now can u please tell me the steps involed in reinstalling windows (in my other post please

dot_com
18-08-2002, 09:35 PM
> fine i tell u the answer to my question i can install
> its because of a security thing i can only install it
> in three different computers then i cant install it
> in any other computer thats why

I DIDN"T THINK YOU HAD THE DISKS
>
> and if your wondering why i asked if i already know
> its because i was just seeing if im right!1 and if
> any one else new another reasonn!!!!!!!!!1

>
> now can u tell me how to instal
> win2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i find the
> instrutions imposible to follow or way to hard i wont
> download the drivers for my hardware from the net
>
> but if it seems to easy and i know i can do it ill do
> all the peperations yoou told me to do and then
> finally reformatt and get rid of all my junk that i
> cant uninstall and have a fresh start
> and possibly get rid of all my software problems . i
> already got rid of my hardware promblems
>
> now is it to much to ask!!!!!!!!
>
> now can u please tell me the steps involed in
> reinstalling windows (in my other post please

ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOMETHIN

Biggles
19-08-2002, 10:42 AM
>now can u tell me how to instal win2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i find the instrutions imposible to follow or way to hard i wont download the drivers for my hardware from the net

Hell boy - I thought you went and got the damn thing fixed! Now you want to install Win2000? Why? What went wrong with your fix? No offence Tim, but given your past questions I really don't think you should be re-installing Windows. Why couldn't you just leave your PC alone (apert from game installs) once you'd got it fixed!!!!!!

teachme
19-08-2002, 12:18 PM
where have u been bruce, u havnt reply my post for months
>
> Hell boy - I thought you went and got the damn thing
> fixed!
i just got the mother board replaced
> Now you want to install Win2000? Why?be cause im reformatting and my windows will be gone and i cant get winME back,but i can get 2000 thats why
> Whatwent wrong with your fix?nothing, but he got the speed wrong, but he went to dos or bios mode and fixed it today
> No offence Tim, but given
> your past questions I really don't think you should
> be re-installing Windows. im friend did it and i know more about computers than him and his com is fine(apart from he cant install the driver for is grafix card)
>Why couldn't you just leave
> your PC alone (apert from game installs) once you'd
> got it fixed!!!!!!
i want a fresh start with my com!!!!!! bbadly

Biggles
19-08-2002, 12:23 PM
So apart from the motherboard replacement, you've still got the same Windows setup? Given that you mainly want it for games, I really, really really, recommend you stick with ME and don't move to 2000. It isn't ME thta was causing your problems before. You've gotta get yourself a legit copy complete with CD. Install it and then make sure you've got the latest versions of your drivers for video and sound card. That's where I'd start.

dot_com
19-08-2002, 01:02 PM
> So apart from the motherboard replacement, you've
> still got the same Windows setup? Given that you
> mainly want it for games, I really, really really,
> recommend you stick with ME and don't move to 2000.
> It isn't ME thta was causing your problems before.
> You've gotta get yourself a legit copy complete with
> CD. Install it and then make sure you've got the
> latest versions of your drivers for video and sound
> card. That's where I'd start.

What he dosen't understand Bruce, is that when you buy a computer nowadays, all the OS is installed on a partitioned pard of your HDD. ThaT is why he hasn't got his discs. Teachme has a posting somewhere, where he lists "all the crap he wants to get rid of" - most of the crap is pre-installed MS programs such as MS Word, MS Works, Easy CD Creator. The only stuff that appears to be "crap" is Mozilla, CS, Adaware, RealPlayer.

I suggest he asks his parents for some dosh, takes his computer to a techie and have him re-install his faulty programs, without reinstalling ME and to give his computer the once over & a tuneup LOL.

teachme
19-08-2002, 04:07 PM
> > So apart from the motherboard replacement, you've
> > still got the same Windows setup? Given that you
> > mainly want it for games, I really, really really,
> > recommend you stick with ME and don't move to
> 2000.
i want to formatt to get rid of my software and after that no more wim ME(no cd and no in any of my partitions)and hello win2000 because i no someone who has it can will give ti for me because i no he moved on to xp
> > It isn't ME thta was causing your problems before.
i no that, just said that cause i needed somthing to blame
> > You've gotta get yourself a legit copy complete
> with
> > CD. Install it and then make sure you've got the
> > latest versions of your drivers for video and
> sound
> > card. That's where I'd start.
ok i'll get the latest drivers(i read on another forum that someone change drivers and had probs and the moderator for that forum said stick with your old drivers if u have no probs)
> What he dosen't understand Bruce, is that when you
> buy a computer nowadays, all the OS is installed on a
> partitioned pard of your HDD. ThaT is why he hasn't
> got his discs.
no true my partitions are empty
> Teachme has a posting somewhere,
> where he lists "all the crap he wants to get rid of"
> - most of the crap is pre-installed MS programs such
> as MS Word, MS Works, Easy CD Creator. The only stuff
> that appears to be "crap" is Mozilla, CS, Adaware,
> RealPlayer.
> i can get rid of the windows software, and i am, as soon as i get the xp versions of word and stuff(i dont remember calling them crap
> I suggest he asks his parents for some dosh, takes
> his computer to a techie and have him re-install his
> faulty programs, without reinstalling ME and to give
> his computer the once over & a tuneup LOL.
we dont have a few dollars and we're are not spending any more on our com(we already got the guys to fix my com for 50 bucks and my dad said thats all we're ever going to spend on my com

remember my old post on SYSTEM RESTORE??
if so then u will no that it made cs go from 1.5 back to1.4 and the update was 18 megs now system restore hid the update and i cant delete it, meaning theres 18 megs on my hdd i cant us and this isnt the only program it happen to, all my newly installed programs is still on my computer but i cant find them or use them (they're not on my add/remove list so i cant even un install the programs !!!!!!! and the setup for them is hidden!!!!!!!

thats why i want to formatt to get back lost disk space and HAVE a fresh start with my com now that i no how to look after it
and the reason im getting win2000 is because i cant get winME again so dont tell me to forget about win 2000

look at my system info from my other post and youll see im not lieing about the stuff i have