PDA

View Full Version : forwarded emails

Laurie
16-08-2002, 04:19 PM
how can I forward an email so that it doesn't show everyones name and email address, of where it has been before. How can I save emails without all that stuff included?

NathanTheKind
16-08-2002, 06:26 PM
There are only two ways that this can be accomplished that I know of. First is to delete all the forwarded crap that is added on.

Or Second the way I would recommend. Select everything you want to forward, copy it and then past it into a new mail message.

:)

Laurie
16-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks Nathan, But when I delete all the stuff at the start of an email ie names & addys the whole thing gets deleted.

And if I select what I want and copy & paste, this works fine with text but not with small animations and some photo's.
Any more ideas? please

Susan B
16-08-2002, 08:50 PM
I can't understand why "the whole thing gets deleted" when you delete all the stuff at the start of an email. All you need to do is place your cursor at the beginning of what you want to delete, hold down the Shift key and put the cursor at the end of what you want to delete, then press the Delete key. It always works for me.

Unless you are talking about pictures that are getting deleted rather than messages. They are file attachments and should show up on the Attach line. You will see the picture/s again if you look at the email in the Sent folder.

If you want to do the copy and paste method you will have to save the animations and photos to your hard drive, in a temporary folder if you wish, then insert those where you want them to go using the Insert>File Attachment option.

Once the email has gone and received by the recipients you can delete your temporary files if you wish.