PDA

View Full Version : F1 Login Names

Poppa John
14-08-2002, 09:04 PM
So don't jump down my throat, I am not taking the "Mickey" or being funny at someone elses expense, Ok?. I am intrigued by the choice of Login Names that we choose. I guess mine is obvious, my grandkids call me Poppa & my name is John, easy. Some are "Proper Names" some I can figure out if I look hard enough. Any comments to a Non-Computer Question? Nosy Poppa John ;\ :D

godfather
14-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Mine comes from having a lot of friends in low places....

Poppa John
14-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Goddie, After reading your post about my 'White Rose" accent & my Stroppy Cockatiel, I can believe the "Low Places" Poppa John ]:) :D

Elwin Way
14-08-2002, 09:21 PM
I decided to confuse everybody and use my real name.

Or is it me that's confused ?:|

tweak\'e
14-08-2002, 09:26 PM
tweak'e no explantions needed B-)

godfather
14-08-2002, 09:28 PM
"Elwin Way" is a street name in California, so Elwin if you feel run down, or feel like you have been run over, it's understandable....

Baldy
14-08-2002, 09:42 PM
My cheeky Son gave me my name........ and no, I don't look anything like that demented "Baldy Man" on telly

hehehehehehehe BALDY ;-)

Baldy
14-08-2002, 09:44 PM
hahahaha, I see I got 222 posts. As this is a Poppa J thread, maybe it should be 666

Just jokin' Poppa (how are yer two toes LOL

BALDY ;-)

-=JM=-
14-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Click the profile button and I think you will see why.

As for the -==- part, well this forum wouldn't let me sign up with less than three characters.

Poppa John
14-08-2002, 09:55 PM
-=JM=- My initials as well.
Baldy. 666 is appropriate & I bet the "Name" is as well. All my toes are freezing Poppa John :D

Graham Petrie
14-08-2002, 10:37 PM
ummmm - you figure it out :-)

Chris Wilson
14-08-2002, 10:42 PM
i have 3 login names
Chris wilson
being the name i usuallly use

Chris
the less formal version of the same, in all honesty, i only got it because people started replying to my comments on a first name basis, so i reserved "chris" for myself to avoid any possible confusion

Mr wilson Sir!
That one is reserved for comebacks to anyone who gets a bit cheeky, or if i feel like typing something really silly.

Mr Wilson Sir!
14-08-2002, 10:44 PM
of corse i've never had to use this name in this round of the forum yet

Mercury
14-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Now as for me - imagination was severly lacking. Then, one day, for no particular reason, a Name popped into my head.

Ah ha, me thinks, that is a suitable name for Press F1 and so it was registered and used (but once).

To change or not to change? That is the question.

dipstick01
14-08-2002, 11:02 PM
I use this name because everyone seemed to think it was suitable and described me for some reason. I can't think why??

blondie
14-08-2002, 11:07 PM
Same here dipstick. That makes two of us.

Elwin Way
14-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Godfather:

Shut up. I've heard it all before. It's not funny any more. It's boring. And you're making jokes that got boring when I left the primers...

Graham Petrie
14-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Elwin, you'r old enough to know you should ignore those who tease you. They only do it to get a bite.

Chill out dude.

G P

Elwin Way
14-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Yea, well I bite!

I've had to listen to this sort of (can't think of a non-swear word) for 30 years now. I would have thought that Goddy has a bit more maturity to stoop as low as making fun of other people's names. Guess I was wrong.

It's just the sort of thing makes me want to change my login name, just when I thought it was safe to come out of the woods.

Oh well, life sux.

Ciao

Baldy
14-08-2002, 11:36 PM
I never new about Elwin Way (the street)

You must be proud. Was it named after you Elwin, or were you named after "it"

BALDY ;-)

robsonde
15-08-2002, 12:31 AM
robsonde is a login name i was issued with many years ago by a sys-admin who had a system of using first 6 letters of yor last name then the first 2 letters of your first name.

i use the name robsonde ever system i need a login for i have never found it taken before i get there :-)

so i have a odd login name but i can take it everywhere.

Derek Robson

SoniKalien
15-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi, My Name is SoniKalien or SiK for short

It is cos Im a weirdo (but a nice one) and I like listening to and making music but I'm not releasing any of my music. If you like it you do but it's a personal thing and I don't think anybody would like my music anyway.

SiK

sal 
15-08-2002, 01:39 AM
mines sal cos thats me, and i had to add a '" " at the end so i could have it :D

grtz sal.
nz

sal 
15-08-2002, 01:41 AM
grr, double posting...nah, edit function not.....available, anyways, me , sal, the only guy with a three letter login :P

grtz sal.
nz

robo
15-08-2002, 07:36 AM
BDBDBD

robo
15-08-2002, 07:43 AM
I am not sure I need to explain but anyway:

My name is Rob but I hate one syllable names.
In my soccer team there are three Robs and whenever someone says "Rob, get wide" or whatever, I never know if they mean me or not. Even when I was refereeing last week I was confused.
I can live with Robbo, but prefer Robo.
I like Robocop.
robo could be short for robot as well. Which sounds a lot like Robert. Which is my proper name, which I thoroughly hate.

robo it is. Not many people call me robo in real life but sometimes I sign emails robo by accident, that's kind of funny.

robo.

GaryK
15-08-2002, 07:44 AM
Nice one Buck.

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 08:42 AM
I am impressed so far. Come on Elwin nobody is extracting coloured water. So tell us Is your name Elwin Way, or DID you get it from Cal
ifornia? Polite Poppa John :D

Mike
15-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Mike is my login name and my real name. My proper real name is Michael, but as my daughter has the same name (although spelt different) we have to stick with Mike so as to overcome confusion (it's still pretty confusing at the moment - but I think I'll get used to it... she's only 8 weeks old yet... well almost).

I also have some other login names, just so others couldn't steal them and I guess so I could use them to abuse people like Robo or just for a comeback.

Mike.

PS and for some reason I have to have the "." at the end of Mike when I finish a post - I don't know why, but it annoys me when I forget. I haven't forgotten for a long time now though.

mark c
15-08-2002, 09:11 AM
Mark c coz Mark's my name and c coz then I don't mself confused with Mark A and Mark B and so on. Strictly a product of little imagination but hey it works and I find it easy to remember. Surname starts with 'c'.

Susan B
15-08-2002, 09:21 AM
I don't know why I chose this name. I mean, I've got other names for other forums so why didn't I choose my most used one for here? Probably because on the old forum most of us used our real names and if I changed on here I might have lost my identity. Not that that would have been a bad thing, now I come to think of it....

Elwin, you've got a great sense of humour but you need to lighten up and learn how to laugh at yourself. You've got plenty of years left to put up with it so you may as well live them with a smile than a frown. Besides, even if you don't care, I actually like your name. It's a little unusual (who wants to have a common name like mine?), it rolls off the tongue nicely and it suits you. Not that I know what you look like, but on here it suits you LOL. Your new name isn't you, get rid of it.

Poppa, Elwin can't answer your question as he doesn't know the answer. Check the archives if you want to know why.

SoniKalien
15-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Smarty huh?

Well like I said, I never used my real name before, for reasons I have already describered. and this isn't exactly the first board I've been on.

SoniKalien is the one that I've always used before and I'm not here to please you or anyone else, I'm here to help if I can because I sit at home on myass all day and want to put something back into the community and this is the only way I can think of so if you don't like my old name too bad.

SiK

SoniKalien
15-08-2002, 09:34 AM
And besides, I shouldn't have to put up with anything , especially here.

Name calling is what polititians do.

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 10:34 AM
SiK or is it Elwin. Nobody is making fun nor calling names. Just good old Kiwi Interest & curiosity, just smile. Remember the old saw "Give as good as you get"? Malice Free Poppa John :D

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Susan B. How far back do I have to go? Poppa John

Ferroshus
15-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Mine comes from my "Half Life" character.
And all the others that came to mind were too rude or too stupid!
:d

Chilling_Silence
15-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Chilling_Silence and Iced_Excalibur,
Well, I needed a hotmail coz somebody kept hacking my one before Chilling_Silence, and I thought about it, and i decided to get that and my m8 would get Burning_Noise coz he's loud and I'm not!!! (ONLINE I CAN SHOUT BUT!!!) and hten somebody kept sending me spam and viruses to Chilling_Silence, so I thought to myself, "I want a name that strike fear into the hearts of warriors (Not)" and then I came up with Iced_Excalibur, but I'd already signed up at pressf1 with Chilling_Silence, so that's me. My real name is Josiah, It's biblical! my m8's call me Jo, no "E" even though most males use "E", I simply can't be bothered!

That's Me

Hey, Elwin, Don't take poppa personally, i agree with susan B that u have a great sense of humor!
What's with this forum and jokes anyway, who's seen the Jobs post?

Chilling_Silence

fatnakedman
15-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Well...i dont think i need to explain mine. Except that its not a true description of myself. ;)

Chris Wilson
15-08-2002, 04:24 PM
fatnakedman...
Are you sure you didn't just make that one up just for this thread?????

Graham L
15-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Probably a slender welldressed lady who didn't want to attract sexist remarks.

As if we would. ;-)

Chilling_Silence
15-08-2002, 04:31 PM
*Grins for a very long time*

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Elwin,SoniKalien, Have just read thro your SiK Website & I am seriously impressed, & more than a little envious of your talents. Green Poppa John

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Chilling _Silence. Re "Hey Elwin don't take poppa personally" I would have said "seriously" rather than personally. I am not being personal in any nasty sense. I agree he does have a sense of humour, he is also a bigger stirrer than you realise. I willingly hand over the "Wooden Stirring Spoon" to him. Poppa John (probably about to get into trouble again) :D

Chris Wilson
15-08-2002, 05:00 PM
but poppa,
whats the good of having a wooden spoon with poppa john engraved into it when your name is Elwin?

Chilling_Silence
15-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Man, u gotta wonder with you lot aye? When dod PJ and sanity loose sight of each other?
(J/ks)

Chilling_Silence

Chris Wilson
15-08-2002, 05:13 PM
sanity??????
i dont see anyone here logged in as sanity!

Jen C
15-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Jen C

This is short for Jarpenniarpfarper (my name in obo language)

The 'C' ...... well that is another story! :D

BIFF
15-08-2002, 05:54 PM
EVRY BUDY LUVS GOOD OLD BIFF CUZ HE"S A K00L DOOD AN HE RITES REEL AWESUM THINGZ INCAPITULL LETTRS LIKE THIS!!

J ZEP
15-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Well mine didn't take much imagination to come up with - well actually it was my partner that chose it to be honest - as we are always referred to as our couple names __ & __ ,he chose ZEP for me and of couse he's LED (not on here - i noticed somebody used it the other day) - Then i had to have a four lettered log in so just added my initial!!! I did think about changing it with the new F1, but i am known by it now so why bother??
And we all no where it comes from!!!!

Kiwitas
15-08-2002, 09:23 PM
The 1st time I had to use a "Login name" I tried Kiwi,but was not accepted(probably because there are another 3m+ out there?)so just added my initials!

Hasn't been rejected since,so use it whenever!

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

Poppa John
15-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Kiwitas. Had a look at your website & saw a proud Grandfather. Perhaps you should be Poppa Kiwitas. Proud Poppa John.

Graham Petrie
15-08-2002, 10:00 PM
J ZEP, don't tell me you have a dog called LIN! :-)

G P

Kiwitas
15-08-2002, 10:08 PM
> Kiwitas. Had a look at your website & saw a proud
> Grandfather. Perhaps you should be Poppa Kiwitas.
> Proud Poppa John.

Too much typing in those long names!

But like yourself, my grandson also calls me poppa!

Cheers,P-Kiwitas,;-)

wotz
15-08-2002, 10:09 PM
i couldn't think of a name for yahoo so decided on wotz_it_2_ya. Everyone called me wotz so I used that here.

J ZEP
16-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Graham - I've got a dog called 'Min' does that count??? :D LOL