PDA

View Full Version : User settings/ display in Windows XP

samparker
14-08-2002, 05:23 PM
I have just purchased a new PC running Windows XP Home replacing an existing one running Windows 98. In Windows 98 I had two logins (one for me and one for my daughter). The second had different mouse speeds, cursor icons, keyboard and display settings.
In XP I can get the mouse, cursor and keyboard settings unique for the user but if you change the display settings for one user (screen size) then it changes for both users - 98 allowed each to have unique settings ie 640 x 480 and 1024 x 768. Is there a way to get different screen settings.
I also note that the new pc will not allow settings below 800x600 yet most childrens games are 640x480 leaving a black border. (Display card Geforce 4 44o and 17 inch monitor)

Julian_osborne
14-08-2002, 05:32 PM
sorry. bad news win xp lacks that feature. my friend had that problem too but his dad somehow made a program that gor round that problem. i asked him if i could have that program but he sais he would have to re-write the whole thing because of the user-names and passwords. bi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!