PDA

View Full Version : An Appreciation

grandad w
13-08-2002, 01:09 PM
I never fail to be amazed at the generosity of time, tolerance, and goodwill, given by the folk responding to the problems raised in this Forum.:D

Being an H & P typist ?:|
I really appreciate the time taken to send ( in a lot of replies )quite lengthy and fully researched answers

As one who 3 years ago thought if I am going to keep up with the Grandchildren( that’s my excuse any way) I had better
“Get With It” B-) and look into this technology.
This Forum and the SeniorNet group I have joined in this time have opened up a new and fascinating interest for which I am very grateful

G.W.:D :D

NathanTheKind
13-08-2002, 01:56 PM
This should go without saying, but I will say it anyway.

I completly agree with you Grandad W. The help given here is so great and the response time is so great. I have tried contacting the manufacture to find out problems before, and there responses (if I ever get one) Bearly ever help.

Also as one who tries to help. I love trying to help and will spend as much time as I need to, to help you and others

:D

Baldy
13-08-2002, 02:21 PM
PressF1 is one of the best things on the net. By a wide margin.

I have been given so much help here, and as I have become more and more familiar with computers, it has given me the confidence to try and help others in any way I can.

Long may it continue......

BALDY :-)

dipstick01
13-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Ditto
If it wasn't for PressF1 and the people here I would still be stuck with just emailing and viewing "educational" material and that would be the limits of my abilities. Since coming here I have learnt that computers and the net are inderstandable and have since created a web site for beginners and enrolled in a Computer course, hopefully in 6 months I'll be on the way to be a Computer Repair Tech.

Thanks Guys and PressF1

Chilling_Silence
13-08-2002, 04:27 PM
*Nods head in agreement*

Chilling_Silence

Iris
13-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Couldn't agree more with your comments.

I've posted quite a few queries, and have never been made to feel as though I'm wasting anyone's time. Even when some of the questions have been pretty basic. Like you I'm amazed at the tolerance and patience shown. B-)

Have browsed a few other "Help" sites but that's all I've done. Press F1 will always be my favourite. B-)

I've said this before and I'll say it again, congratulations to the team who make this page possible. And thanks to all the people who respond with their straight forward, easy to understand answers. What I've learned just by reading the Q's & A's is amazing.

:^O :^O

So take a bow everyone, you are doing a great job.

With grateful thanks,

Iris

Kiwitas
13-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Cheers grandad w,;-)

I agree wholeheartedly,

Even the basic newby questions are answered in a language that even an old geriatric like i can understand!

And a lot of time with that little touch of humour that i consider is an essential part of life

Thanks to all

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

robsonde
13-08-2002, 08:11 PM
I must say the F1 site rocks!

it is the first site i read when i login....... and the last site i read before i logout...

it is the only site i look at everyday......

it is the only web site my girlfriend tells me i spend too much time reading :-)

J ZEP
13-08-2002, 08:29 PM
> I must say the F1 site rocks!
>
>
> it is the first site i read when i login....... and
> the last site i read before i logout...
>
> it is the only site i look at everyday......

Me too!! Yep it definately is a good site and the help and time people put in is great!! And - you get to know the regulars, was looking at that now and everybody who has replied in this thread has been around for a while now!! That says something in itself i guess!! So keep it up!! And thanks to all who share their vast memory logs with us!!!!

parry
13-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Yup it's a great site. Although you can often find an answer from trolling the many sites around the world it's great to have one central place to get answers. Especially so from people who have had real life experience of the same problems which is invaluable.

I think anyone that has used a PC for any length of time - young or old - experience problems of one sort or another and nobody is immune. People are prepared to look for answers because they understand the frustrations and (personally speaking) it's an opportunity to increase their own knowledge at the same time.