PDA

View Full Version : cyber patrol

chrisnz
12-08-2002, 11:10 PM
I have a friend whose kid installed installed a kids program that included Cyber Patrol which then locked any user out of browsing the Internet. In her desire to remedy the problem she deleted both programs and uninstalled them [at least that what I can figure out what happened as neither of the programs are to be foung on the drive]. I have used registry cleaner to tidy up the registry and reinstalled Win98 over the top of the existing installation but we still can't browse the www. Email is OK. Where to from here?

Thanks In advance

Baldy
12-08-2002, 11:26 PM
I had Cyber Patrol on my computer, which comes free with an Xtra connection..... I deleted it as I found it to troublesome - but apologise that I cannot remember how I went about it. I am pretty sure I deleted through "Add/Remove"

I would suggest that you contact (by email) Cyber Patrol themselves, or search in Google. There is probably info there.

Elwin Way
13-08-2002, 12:48 AM
Chech your ratings (content) setting in your browser setup. If it is set to maximum safetly, then it will only display pages that have a 'nice' certificate. Most web site designers don't bother with ratings.

chrisnz
13-08-2002, 01:20 PM
OK I got it. I had an inspiration while having a shower. When in doubt have a shower or go and sit on the bog.!!! msconfig.exe . there was a program in the list right at the bottom called "load=" then beside it "ic.exe". Guessing that "ic" stants for internet connection I disabled it and voila we have browsing. Now I just have to figure out how to enable "save password" on the dialup menu. Does this mean I get to go in the draw to win a PCWorld Wallet???

chrisnz
13-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Whaahoo F1 works!!! I did a search of the Archives for 'password' and found a post by 'godfather' and 'jim b' unfortunately adding 'Client for Microsoft Networks' didn't work but the registry edit suggested by 'jim b' did.

Congrats on putting a search of Archives in the site. F1 is sooooo much easier to use. I guess that is what a GUI is.

Does this mean now I have 2 chances of winning the Wallet???