PDA

View Full Version : digital photo sound bites to play on computer

claytonh
12-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I have a Sony Cybershot 50 which has the ability to record sound bites with photos taken. I can get them to play through the TV while the file is on the memory stick, but I have not been able to play the sound bite once the file has been copied to my hard disc. I have tried with the software that comes with the camera (MGI) and tried through Internet Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

godfather
12-08-2002, 04:25 PM
What format (what is the file name and extension) is the sound file?

This will assist advice on how to play it back.

claytonh
12-08-2002, 05:36 PM
The files are in *.JPG format

godfather
12-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, its a good question. .jpg files are compressed image files, and I know of no software that will extract an audio file from them. I am not saying software doesnt exist, I just dont know of any.

To be honest I did not think that .jpg files could store audio either, but its quite possible that it has evolved to that. Usually its stored with images in mpeg files.

It will be interesting to see if anyone has located a combined image/audio player for .jpg....keep watching

wotz
12-08-2002, 06:32 PM
I have ano older cybershot. The instructions sa that the sound can only be download from the camera with a card reader, not the serial cable. I guess you have USB, but it may still apply.