PDA

View Full Version : Search Engines

roofus
12-08-2002, 12:23 PM
As we know, IE comes with a nice wee search button provided by msn. I find it slow, and not to helpful either, is there a way to replace the search engine, with say Google or altavista?
I see that you can customize the search, and there is the possibility for other search engines, but only msn search shows up.

I know google has their own search bar, but i don't want that, as it will just add to clutter to my windows

codegirl
12-08-2002, 12:36 PM
roofus,

I think this page (http://www.google.co.nz/options/defaults.html) will help with what you want to do.. :)

Chris Wilson
12-08-2002, 12:41 PM
have you seen the built in search with opera?
you get the option of a drop down for which search engine/search type you want to use, and then you just type your querie in the same space
nice!

roofus
12-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks for that codegirl, i had a short look on google, but must have over looked that,
As for using Opera, it's not really an option, sure it maybe fast, but it has problems reading some pages.

Jim B
13-08-2002, 12:59 AM
Why bother with IE search when you can put your real search engines in your Favorites or on your links bar.

kiwibeat
13-08-2002, 09:12 AM
I just use google as my homepage its small fastloading and lets me do a search fastat startup if necessary