PDA

View Full Version : banner free webhosts

Hershyll
11-08-2002, 07:51 PM
I currently have a digitalrice.com account, luckely I got in before they closed sign ups. Anyway I need to find a webhost which offers the same things as digitalrice.com i.e absolutly no adds but I'm looking for a free host with mySQL support. If anyone knows of one that is still free (not much is anymore) let me know.

If its that much of a secret you can e-mail me at hershyll@hotmail.com

-=JM=-
11-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Tripod UK (http://www.tripod.co.uk) offer free PHP and mySQL support. 50MB of space. There are adds, but thankfully they don't work when using a phpBB forum so they may be rather easy to disable if you know what you are doing.

There are others about as well. But Tripod seems to be the best to me. Though I haven't tried any that only have the SQL not the PHP.

NathanTheKind
12-08-2002, 10:01 AM
Brinkster. I don't know the site sorry but as far as I know they have no adds, and have PHP support and support for other things also.

:)

-=JM=-
12-08-2002, 09:13 PM
I think you will find that Brinkster does not support PHP though they do support ASP and seem to have some form of access SQL database.

sal 
13-08-2002, 02:00 AM
i have just recently gained membership with a free webhost called neopages (http://www.neopages.net/). they work on the basis of submitting a site you wish to be hosted there, with a 200 word application accompaning it, and then it will get reviewed in their forum, and whether or not you made it into there 'community' you will find out every Monday, (these guys 'stole me away' from here, and i can definitely recommend them, it usually takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get in, but its well worth the wait. features included on membership include :

quote " Domain or subdomain hosting
50 Megabyes (upgradable upon request)
CGI (Perl) Support (with CGI Wrap already enabled)
PHP 4.0 Support
Chilisoft ASP Support
mySQL database (request only)
3 POP/FTP Account
E-Mail forwarding
True FTP Account
Site Admin Control Panel
Unmetered Bandwidth
Great support in our support forums! "
...and no ads!
grtz sal.