PDA

View Full Version : overclocking my computer

teachme
10-08-2002, 03:00 PM
i ve got this soft ware for over clocking my computer its called eazy tune 3

whats my limit i can over clock my computer to, with out burning my hardware????????

u guys that still hate me, better not give me an answer too high!!! i love my $2,192.00 computer and i cant stop crying if somthing bad happens to my computer!!!!!!!!!!!11

i trust u bruce to give me a safe answer!

-=JM=-
10-08-2002, 07:53 PM
When overclocking there is not set amount that you are guaranteed to be able to overclock to. It all varies from situation to situation.

The EasiTuneIII overclocking is not a very good way of overclocking either.

When overclocking once you system becomes unstable you should turn it down a notch or two. Or just not overclock in the first place.

Baldy
10-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Teachme,

Don't take this the wrong way, but......... As you seemed to be unable to grasp how to do a simple re-formatt, I would well and truely leave overclocking alone.

If you love your computer that is.

BALDY :-)

Biggles
10-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Good advice teachme, take it. Over-clocking is for experienced users who don't mind (i.e., are willing/able) replacing damaged hardware. I have never felt the need to do it myself, just to get a few extra performance points. If/when you have your PC working well - just leave it alone.

pisceskiwi
11-08-2002, 12:44 AM
If you got no problems with your computer... don't fix it!

JJJJJ
11-08-2002, 04:05 PM
I have reached the conclusion that over-clocking and faster processors do absolutely nothing for the average home user. Over the past month I have used a p3 500, a p4 1.4 and an Athlon 2000+. Apart from a shorter boot up time I can detect no difference what so ever in the speed.If you are doing something that requires more speed then I suggest you buy the processor you need. If you play around with over clocking, sooner or later you are going to write off your computer.
Another thought. I am at present useing an ATA 133 7,200 rpm hard drive. I can not detect the slightest bit of difference between it and my previous "no name" 5,400 disk.
My computer owes me about $8,000 and It does no more for me ,than say , a 486 DX4 100.
Anyway playing about with it fills in time.
Jack

Baldy
11-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

My Holden Camira gets me to from home to work in the same time as my flatmates 489 cu-in Mustang powered "32 Ford Coupe. That is not to say that the performance of the 2 cars is equal.

kiwibeat
11-08-2002, 08:07 PM
A 10% overclock is considered safe usually done through overclocking the FSB in bios , howver you can also overclock your video card as well not a good idea if you like to push too hard as hardware damage is expensive