PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors - multiplayer trouble

mejobloggs
10-08-2002, 01:45 PM
This is REALLY annoying me so please help and fix it.

When i play Defend the Wonder, on a network with my 2 brothers, we want to Defend the Wonder against the computer. We stick 3 other computer guys, and us, BUT WE CAN NEVER GET THE WONDER.

The computer fellows ALWAYS start with it, but we want to defend it, not attack it.

Please someone help.

Chilling_Silence
10-08-2002, 03:42 PM
In AOE2:AOC, the computer is likely faster than you at sending out people to the middle (The location of the wonder) and therefor they take control of it, Isn't that the mode where it's simply the person who has control of it at the end of 500 years or something?
If that's it, then you can take control of it by destroying all their men within close range of it. Try next time after you've made a barracks, sending your first dude out to capture it!!! You've usually got about 3 imnutes before the Bots get to it, maybe less, so you must move quickly.
Tip:
Press H,C,C,C,C
This will select your town center (H) and then make 4 villagers coz that's your limit if you've got 200 food. This will allow you the right amount of time if you start building immediately, and then your last villager should come out, then ten seconds later you ought to be ready to advance to the next age!

Hope that helps you, might have to organise a game sometime, If i can find the CD and install it.... :S
Cya

Chilling_Silence

mejobloggs
10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
nah. Defend the Wonder, is when someone starts off with a wonder. You are thinking of King of the Hill.

Also, did you know if you hold down shift the click on something to build, it does 5 of them. so dont worry about the h c c c c stuf. just shift - click.

If you put the resources on high, then you have 1000 food.

You should try and get The Conquerors, on trademe.co.nz or te.co.z (trade & exchange)

I paid $30 for mine. maybe then we could play.

Chilling_Silence
10-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Kewl, I'll look into it

Chilling_Silence

Greg S
10-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Yo Jo! I'm always looking for new victims (err I mean partners) to play with - care to hook up some time? I think it's a local call from me to you so we could tcp/ip connect instead of going via the Zone.

mejobloggs
18-08-2002, 01:21 PM
i dunno, where do you live. im in stanmore bay

Greg S
18-08-2002, 01:40 PM
I'm in Pakuranga - if you're keen for a game email me with your phone number and I'll give you a call: player at mis dot co dot nz

Cheers