PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Poppa John

Graham L
09-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Don't frighten the customers away, John. Help 'em with a smile ;-) ; don't just laugh at them with no help. ;-(

If you don't watch out I'll sing the Pheasant Pluckers Song at you.

Poppa John
09-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Graham L. Last thing on my mind is to frighten anybody away, altho if I had a Cam on top of the Monitor that WOULD frighten everybody away :). There is NO Malice in me ( well ok just a little byte!) this wierd sense of humour I have is the one I was born with, too late to change now ;)
Pheasant Pluckers Song? Don't know that one, type the words up on screen for me to see (I dare ya) Happy Poppa John :) :)

Elwin Way
09-08-2002, 09:37 PM
I dare you to SING it! After 6 beers! :^O

Baldy
10-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey Graham,

Is it a bit frosty in ChCh tonight????? Personally, I enjoy Poppa's replies. He has the sort of humour that is most welcome in this stressed out world today. I have never noticed any malice in any of his replies, and I am sure the people who post the original question appreciate his laconic wit....

Long may you make me laugh Poppa !

BALDY :-)

Poppa John
10-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Baldy. What does "Laconic" mean? Are you swearing at me? Did you miss the "T" from "Wit" . Happy Poppa John :D

Baldy
10-08-2002, 12:19 AM
No Poppa,

Would I swear at YOU? I don't know what laconic means. Just like using silly sounding words

BALDY :-)

Graham L
10-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Read my original posting, Baldy. Think about it. If you were asking a question for the first time --- "will they think I am stupid, they must know it all, how do I choose a name ... --- and then got NO HELP and someone laughing at your name choice, what would you think. It's not a bloody chat room for those whose IQ is lower than the day of the month. I make jokes too. But I don't think that making jokes is the purpose of this site. I don't want to see it dead serious and organised -- hell you can't take most software seriously -- but as I said, "help 'em with a smile". No help is not helpful .