PDA

View Full Version : A3 Scanning

JohnMaxwell
09-08-2002, 04:45 PM
I want to scan some A3 pictures with an HP5400C scanner.
How/what software do I need to join part images togethe?.
Any other suggestions?

godfather
09-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Some camera software has "stitching" ability to join photos, but to join scans would be a bit industrial for anything I have used.

Can I suggest you take a digital photo of it, you would be surprised how good it could look.

Graham L
09-08-2002, 05:46 PM
I think it's available in the big photo-processing packages. But unless you keep the resolution way down you will need enormous amounts of memory to do it (equivalent of 3 X the final file size + the programme size + OS) or "infinite" time while it swaps in and out of the disk. ;-)

Babe Ruth
09-08-2002, 06:00 PM
John,
Some scanners come with the software to stich images eg Canon.

Arcsoft Panorama Maker 2000 is software to allow stitching of scans (to produce large image output and some of the HP scanners come with this software e.g. 7490 models. This may give you a pointer to something available Arcsoft (http://www.arcsoft.com/products/software/en/panoramamaker.html)

Other software may also be available.

Babe.

godfather
09-08-2002, 06:11 PM
I used Panorama software, and even stitching a few low-res photos did require extrordinary resources. I can only imagine what stitching full A4 scans would do, unless they are very low-res.

As I suggested above, I have successfully done it by photographing the document which also avoids the inevitable mis-alignment distortions.

getting the right lighting became the only isuue.

Bryan D
11-08-2002, 05:34 PM
My HP Scanner came with Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition Software which will stitch up to three scans together. I use it quite regularly. Takes about two minutes to stitch on my old computer. Check the CD which came with your scanner. I believe HP are still including Adobe with their packages.

Heather P
11-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Take it to your local photocopying store and have them reduce it to A4.