PDA

View Full Version : Connected... Or am I

NathanTheKind
09-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi once again

I have a new modem, a lincent 56kb I think, I would look but I think the computer will disconnect. That is why I am posting this. Everytime I am on the net and I minimise the IE window the internet disconnects. The thing is the computer still thinks that it is connected. The 2 computers are in the bottom right had conner and typing in web address or click home or re freash just say the page could not be found.

The connect to net box doesn't come up. If however I right click and tell the computer to disconnect then press refresh, the connection box comes up.

I am using windows 98se and I don't have the computer to disconnect after inactivity or when I close IE. I have call waiting, but connecting to the net disables it.

Any suggestions??

:)

Chilling_Silence
09-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Ouch, that's a hard one, will get back to you, you can check and make sure at any time by double clicking on the connectoin icon you use to connect, in dial-up networking, this will let you know that you are still online.

Will get back to ya

Chilling_Silence

Elwin Way
09-08-2002, 07:14 PM
If it's a Lucent winmodem, which it sounds like it is, download and install the latest drivers (ver 6) from http://www.pcdrivers.com/modem.htm#9

If you install these, just beware because you will see a few extra functions that your modem didn't have before. Don't worry, you still don't have them :)

I've installed these drivers and noticed a big improve.

NathanTheKind
09-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks Will do that now.

:)