PDA

View Full Version : mp3 to Audio Conversion

Warren
09-08-2002, 09:28 AM
How do i convert mp3 files to audio files so we can burn them on to cd and play them on our home stereo?
Cheers

Bob Kehely
09-08-2002, 10:07 AM
Hello Warren,

Usually the software that comes with your cd writer, will make a cd that plays on your stereo, and it will convert the mp3, as it makes your music disc.
cheers,
Bob

godfather
09-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Not many (if any?) burner programs will do the conversion, you need to use one of the many mp3 player programs, and convert the mp3 to a .wav file.

I *think* MusicMatch Jukebox is but one of dozens that may allow it. If any freeware ones do, not sure but a quick search on Google will tell you

Burn the .wav file to cd with the burner program. A tip, dont burn at a fast speed or your CD player may not recognise it.

Susan B
09-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Nero came with my CD-RW and after I've made sure I've got enough to fill a CD , run the Wizard's audio option, select (or drag and drop) which mp3 songs I want on my CD, then burn them.

Nero does the conversion for me, I just make sure the speed is set as low as possible to prevent errors and so far haven't had any duds (touchwood).

Magic!

Just remember not to use CD-RW disks, and do the job in one session.

Warren
09-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Thanks very much Guys and gal
We have nero on our PC but didn't realise it had that feature
I have a bit of spare time today so might give it ago
Hey Godfather
We are using one of our 3 PCs as a music server attached to our stereo now that we have them on a LAN
But My Daughter wants to play some of the lest crusty tracks on her own player .
We ended up getting a 4 port router for our jetstream connection
A lot less mucking around but a much dearer option ...ah well ...it's only money...........lol
Cheers

godfather
09-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey-good setup!

Well done on the router, as you say a bit dearer but they give a good measure of protection against hackers (assuming its using NAT addressing)

Also much easier to set up I think.

I use an Alcatel Speedtouch Pro router, connected to my LAN

Always on, no matter which PC you use. Now I need to put in a wireless hub, so I can work from the couch without wires to my laptop (currently have to have the wired LAN across the room)....

Susan B
09-08-2002, 10:59 AM
> Now I need to put in a wireless hub, so I can work from the couch
> without wires to my laptop

<ZZZZzzzzzzz>

Susan B
09-08-2002, 11:00 AM
<clunk>

parry
09-08-2002, 11:05 AM
Good to hear your sorted then Warren. For the record Easy CD Creator 5+ can also burn mp3 to wav (ie you dont need to convert to wav first).
And Susan, yes you are quite right in the main about CDRW's not being the best but some newer CD player's and DVD's can play CDRW's. In fact some DVD player's can play MP3's as is. For optimum compatability, CDR's are best and all audio in first session.

If you have/thinking of buying a DVD and your not sure about compatibility try the following site. It's actually about video but lets you know what different models can do ...

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Warren
09-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Godfather
Ended up getting a D-Link 504 router thru Downers (they do all the telecom stuff now ) and it's better than the proxy server idea
Do you know anyone who wants a Alcatel speedtouch internal ADSL modem???
Just one lady driver ...........lol
Thanks Susan
Listening to my favs from CD now ...works a treat
Kids will have me burning off heaps now .......