PDA

View Full Version : Task scheduler

drys
08-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Am trying to run Task scheduler in Win XP Pro when I check to see if task had run get error task did not run because the password was incorrect.
I don't recall ever setting a password do I
1. Have to create a password to get this to work
2. Is there a way around this without using a password.
Regards Trev

Rod J
08-08-2002, 11:17 PM
I am running Win98SE and use the Task Scheduler. There is no password associated with this version so far as I know. Could it be that the task you are trying to run requires a password? Or do you have to have administrative rights to do some things in WinXP Pro? Maybe that is the reason for the password request.

Babe Ruth
08-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Trevor,

When you add a scheduled task under WinXP Pro you need to give an account(Username) and password that the task will run under. If you don't give a user/pwd the task will (may) not run.

You can use the Administrator account/pwd if you don't use your own.

Babe.

drys
09-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Thanks Babe. Didn't use a password when I loaded XP as I'm the only user. When I go to admin settings its asks to create a password I guess I need to do this to get scheduler to work. If I do add a password will I need to use this everytime I start my PC That would be a nuisance if so.
Trev.

Babe Ruth
09-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Trevor,

You can assign a password to the Administrator account (normally done when building XP Pro system) you can then use that account/pwd in scheduler. You don't have to use (and normally shouldn't) the Admin account for 'normal' work as you will logon as your own username/pwd (the pwd can be blank although not recommended).

Babe.