PDA

View Full Version : Copying off the web page.

Neil McC
08-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Hi,can anyone tell me why most of the time,when I try to copy,paste off a web page to save hints off F1 into the Azz cardfile,just a number or a symbol appears on the card.Most times I have to save the web page onto my PC,then it transfers OK.Thanks.

Susan B
08-08-2002, 11:08 PM
How are you actually doing the copying?

I place my cursor where I want to start copying then hold down the left mouse button and drag to the end of where I wanted copied. That highlights the text and after pressing Ctrl-C I then put the cursor in Cardfile, go to Edit>Paste Special>Unformatted text.

That works fine for me and all I need to do then is tidy up the line spacing and delete the stuff I don't want.

Neil McC
08-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi Susan.I've been selecting with left button and highlighting.Then clicking right button,selecting copy,going to card and right click/pasting where I want it.No good?Thanks.

Babe Ruth
08-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Neil

The important point is the Paste|Special|Unformatted Text which just pastes the text of the page copied not the html formatted text which might (probably does) contain 'special' characters. This technique also works for in other programs e.g. word processors etc where you just want the text and nothing but the text without all the 'fancy' formatting.

Babe.

Neil McC
09-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Thanks Susan and Babe,will give that a go.