PDA

View Full Version : Intel PC Webcam problem

peejay
08-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I have a model CS330 Intel Webcam. Initially there were no XP drivers for this camera and Intel supplied a temporary driver which identified my camera as a model 331.
They now have updated drivers but I cannot install because as soon as I plug the camera in, (its USB) Windows announces it has detected my CS331 camera and installed the drivers. How can I convince windows that it is not a 331 but in fact a 330 so I can install the correct drivers for it?
Intel no longer offer product support other than the new driver :-(

godfather
08-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Uninstall the driver (via control panel-system-hardware-device manager)

see if you can see the device by expanding the listings, right click - properties.

IF its actually there...

peejay
09-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Hi,
I have un-installed the drivers via control panel but as soon as I plug the camera in, Windows detects it and installs the drivers for it, alas the wrong ones. WHere are these drivers residing? Can I get rid of them some other way to force Windows to read the corect drivers off the floppy I have?

Graham L
09-08-2002, 07:10 PM
The device manager should allow you to load a new driver.

peejay
10-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi Graham,
Unfortunaely it doesnt. You see, when I plug the camera in Windows identifies it as a model CS 331. When I try to update the driver which I have on a floppy, windows wont recognise it because it is a driver for a different model, a CS330, which is what my camera really is. I think I need to clear out all the files associated with the camera and start again but I dont know where they are all stored.
Pat