PDA

View Full Version : networking problems

mouli
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
I have 2 networked computers at home running win 98, both in the same work group, both with unique names, both with working drivers and cards and both able show themselves in the network neighbourhood but both unable to show the other in the network.
I can 'find' the other computer and have created a shortcut on the desktop of each to open the shared folders on the other etc, but what I cant do is get either to show the other in the network neighbourhood. This bugs me and any ideas would be gratefully received.
mouli

Heather P
08-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Try going to Start; Settings; Control Panel; Network and clicking on File and Printer Sharing. Make sure sharing files is checked.

robsonde
08-08-2002, 09:20 PM
I have found that just leaving then turned on for about an hour and thay will work it out across the network.

but also try checking your file and print settings as Heather P says

just remember that networking will drive you insane and that is what is was designed for :-)

Craig Bellhouse
08-08-2002, 09:58 PM
What you can do is make a network drive to a folder on the remote computer, and set it to reconnect at logon. This forces the two computers to connect to each other, rather than just finding each other after a while.

If you need to know how to do this, read the "How to Network My PC's FAQ". This can be found by clicking the grey FAQS button near the top right of the pressf1 page.

HTH
Craig.