PDA

View Full Version : Welcome 2 all Newbies

mark c
08-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Post yr posts. Ask yr questions. Don't be put off by the level of expertise or intimidated by the agile wit There are late newbies here like me waiting for the easy questions to answer.

(Besides, only way for me to have a shot at the T-shirt)

(PS Don't want one that says "Answered the easy questions") ;)

Mike
08-08-2002, 02:44 PM
> (PS Don't want one that says "Answered the easy
> questions") ;)

Why not? :) I mean, who defines "easy" anyway? What's easy to you may be totally impossible to somebody else... If the question was asked, then it can't have been easy to the asker, right? :D

I only answer easy questions... the fact that a lot of people might not have known the answer has nothing to do with it. I only answer questions I find easy enough to answer :)

Mike.

mark c
08-08-2002, 02:58 PM
OkoKoKoKOKOKOK.........that was too hard. ;)

Viking
08-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Why not? I mean, who defines "easy" anyway? What's easy to you may be totally impossible to somebody else... If the question was asked, then it can't have been easy to the asker, right?

I only answer easy questions... the fact that a lot of people might not have known the answer has nothing to do with it. I only answer questions I find easy enough to answer

Mike.

Say What? What a load of hogswallop

Mike
08-08-2002, 04:42 PM
>> Why not? I mean, who defines "easy" anyway? What's
>> easy to you may be totally impossible to somebody
>> else... If the question was asked, then it can't have
>> been easy to the asker, right?
>>
>> I only answer easy questions... the fact that a lot
>> of people might not have known the answer has nothing
>> to do with it. I only answer questions I find easy
>> enough to answer
>>
>> Mike.
>
>
> Say What? What a load of hogswallop

Why? Easy is just relative to a person's experience. What I may find easy, you may find difficult. So I might answer a question I find easy, yet you may not be able to answer it as you find it too hard to solve.

Mike.

Chilling_Silence
08-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Who cares what it says, it's a free PressF1 T-Shirt, I wouldn't complain!!!!

Chilling_Silence

Mike
08-08-2002, 04:46 PM
> Who cares what it says, it's a free PressF1 T-Shirt,

Where's this free PressF1 t-shirt coming from? Is someone giving one away? Did I miss something here?

Mike.

Chilling_Silence
08-08-2002, 04:51 PM
i am so lost :S

Graham L
08-08-2002, 04:59 PM
Someone with dual monitors, and a recently installed baby doesn't need free T-shirts. He needs free nappies. ;\ So do some other posters on this site, judging by some of their lucubrations. :-(

Mike
08-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Graham, I'm not after a free t-shirt (well I wouldn't mind...) - I'm just lost as to why these people think they're getting a free t-shirt.

Mike.

Graham Petrie
08-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Thanks Mark.

Not a newbie, but it has been a while since a post like this has been posted. They were a common occurance when I fisrt started coming here almost two year ago.

I used to think the forum had degenerated, but now I just think it has changed for no worse or better. There are more people which means that there is a cliquy group of regulars, a outer group of regulars who contribute regularly, but do not live at the forum - it is more like a favourite pub, and then there is a huge group of new people and the odd person who comes back once or twice a month for a day or two. This also means there are more idiots coming in. But this also means there are more people answering questions.

The odd welcome post doesn't go amiss.

G P

Baldy
08-08-2002, 05:57 PM
I agree with Graham - Thanks Mark, it was a very nice thing to post....

When I first came to PressF1, I felt quite overwhelmed and was really quite scared to make my first post, as I thought everyone would think I was a right Wally (more than likely they still do LOL)

As a not-so-new newbie, I learn something here every time I visit.

BALDY :-)

johnboy
08-08-2002, 09:05 PM
I class my self as a newbie very newbie ,,, I brought a computer in feb this year the first one my kids said make sure it,s got a cd writer a scanner and a web cam " got them ",,, also brought a new washing machine this year the instruction manual is more informative than the computer one ,, So if you post a question to a site like this most experts who read them should know by the questions here is a newbie and take this into account when replying . looking over the last couple of weeks the questions i asked i wonder why people bothered to reply to them at all ... if you have,nt had any thing to do with computers you are like a duck out of water .. but just looking at other peoples post,s you can see most people have the same sort of problems and the problems i have asked about i have fixed thanks to the ones who took the time to reply " f1 the best" ..

Mike
08-08-2002, 09:09 PM
> When I first came to PressF1, I felt quite
> overwhelmed and was really quite scared to make my
> first post, as I thought everyone would think I was a
> right Wally (more than likely they still do LOL)

ummm... are you implying that you believe you're not a right Wally? :p

Mike.

Graham Petrie
08-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Johnboy - glad the PressF1 team could be of some help.

If you don't mind a little advice, use puctuation and paragraphs when posting as you would when writing a letter.

It makes the post easier to read, and thus you are more likely to get an answer.

At least you type good English. Some of the posts on this forum are atrocious!

Hope we can be of some help in the future :-)

Merry Computing!

G P