PDA

View Full Version : PC Company expanding into ISP!

roofus
08-08-2002, 10:04 AM
"Hamilton-based PC manufacturer the PC Company is to launch an ISP primarily aimed at its hardware customers.

PC Company founder Colin Brown says the ISP, to be called PC Connect, will be launched at the start of September. Hamilton ISP Wave Internet will provide network access which will connect to PC Company servers and customer database.

Brown says the nationwide internet service will be available to non-PC Company users but the emphasis will be on new and existing customers. The PC Company has taken on four new staff for the launch. Charging has not yet been established, says Brown"
http://www.idg.net.nz/webhome.nsf/UNID/7F966C89F9283B31CC256C0E00106140!OpenDocument

You can only imagine the kind of service that's gonna be provided from this!!!

mokum
08-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Thats right!!

I mean...Wave is providing the access, and how many people are unhappy with them!!

Just imagine the service...why not wait and see what they are going to do? Just maybe they will get it right.

Viking
08-08-2002, 03:58 PM
I don't know anything about Wave, but it will be interesting to see what sort of trends PC Connect sets.

After all, they are one of NZs best computer manufactures, and they have the finger on the pulse of what the customer wants and needs - having a nationwide chain of computer shops.

roofus
08-08-2002, 04:28 PM
What are you viking a PC Company sales rep!

get with the times, PC Company have some serious issues to addres before they jump into ISP's

Baldy
10-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Maybe they are going to give up putting computers together, and cream it by concentrating on being an ISP

roofus
11-08-2002, 11:22 AM
somehow i don't think ISP is the most profitable business around, otherwise why would have worldcomm fallen + all the other telecom business around the world. Infact Enron fell down because of their objective to enter the broadband market