PDA

View Full Version : Winamp for Handheld's?

voyager13
08-08-2002, 08:00 AM
Hi
Can someone tell me how do I listen to MP3's on my handheld. Is there a Winamp I can download on my handheld or something else for the purpose?
Thanks

godfather
08-08-2002, 08:09 AM
what operating system does your handheld use?

Palm
Windows CE
Windows 2002
Psion
??

How much memory / storage?

As an example I run Windows 2002, and have 320 mB RAM, use Windows media player for PocketPC

Does you HH have audio out?

Susan B
08-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Do those things play music? :O

Out of interest, how did you get your music on yours godfather? Are they mp3s?

godfather
08-08-2002, 10:24 AM
They play several formats, but my main portable player is a Rio MP3 player.

I won the Rio in a "Press" competition 3 years ago, and it uses the same storage medium (SmartMedia) as my digicam (but reformats it incompatably!) which is useful (64 mB)

I usually rip my audio CDs to compile an assortment I prefer and load it up.

My Toshiba e570 Handheld does audio well (also acts as a digital note-taker) but they are too thirsty on batteries to use long term as a walkman. It also does video extremely well, there are a lot of video clips free to download, some great short films. Good hi-res colour display.

Susan B
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Hmmm, very interesting.

You have an absolutely disgusting array of toys, godfather. It's not fair.

<Susan B decides to start dropping Xmas present hints so other half has plenty of time to start saving>

godfather
08-08-2002, 03:23 PM
you sound like SWMBO....

hmmmm......perhaps you ARE SWMBO...

ps did you see that CLASSIC thread responding to you know who, with parry's wonderful replys? LOVE IT!

Susan B
08-08-2002, 04:26 PM
Yes, of course I am SWMBO. But unlike your SWMBO I'm jealous of your toys, not annoyed. :8} <replace red cheeks with green ones>

Yes, that thread gave me a good laugh, Parry is a hard case. If I can find the link I'm after I shall be adding my bit... :D