PDA

View Full Version : DVD CDROM drive problem

E.ric
07-08-2002, 07:36 PM
With a DVD CDROM drive in the computer, can you play a DVD movie on windows 98, or would you have to either update the operating system or install a DVD program,

AND NO MORE JOKES !!! IT SEEMS YOU ARE NOT ALOUD ANYTHING BUT PROBLEMS NOT EVEN THE ODD DIVERSION I POSTED AS "INTERNET" CATEGORY, I MADE AS A "ONCE IN A BLUE MOON" TYPE POSTING.

Mike
07-08-2002, 07:44 PM
> With a DVD CDROM drive in the computer, can you play
> a DVD movie on windows 98, or would you have to
> either update the operating system or install a DVD
> program,

Yes, you can play DVD movies on Windows 98, but you must have a DVD player program installed, such as PowerDVD or WinDVD (I recommend PowerDVD as the best I've tried).

> AND NO MORE JOKES !!! IT SEEMS YOU ARE NOT
> ALOUD ANYTHING BUT PROBLEMS NOT EVEN THE ODD
> DIVERSION I POSTED AS "INTERNET" CATEGORY, I MADE AS
> A "ONCE IN A BLUE MOON" TYPE POSTING.

what is that supposed to mean?

Mike.

tweak\'e
07-08-2002, 07:47 PM
you need a dvd player program. check the news for a few (zoom player, nvdvd etc)

Poppa John
07-08-2002, 08:25 PM
tweak'e. Are you saying that a CDrom/R or CDrom/WR Drive will play a DVD disc if you have run a DVD Player program? Hopeful Poppa John

godfather
07-08-2002, 08:33 PM
Nooooo

DVD needs a DVD drive. A CD drive wont recognise a DV disk

Poppa John
07-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Goddie. Oh Toyota !@#$% Poppa John.:(

tweak\'e
07-08-2002, 09:20 PM
poppa check your glasses

>With a DVD CDROM drive in the computer, can you play a DVD movie on windows 98

yes he can he already has a dvd drive, add a player and it will work.

E.ric
08-08-2002, 05:34 AM
>
> what is that supposed to mean?
>
> Mike.

My posting on "were did the plane go?" I only did it as it was,
(1) A story on Internet, and put in the link.
(2) A major story that changed just about everyone's life, mainly in USA.

If the story was in the newspaper or magazine I would NOT of posted on F1

I did not know I would up set the "F1 Police".

Susan B
08-08-2002, 09:46 AM
E.ric don't let the negative comments on your plane thread upset you. Apart from Elwin, the "F1 Police" are generally annoyed at people hijacking someone's post with their banter instead of solving the person's problem.

That is fair enough, they have a valid gripe in that situation.

Stopping all the general discussion and banter from the forum is going a bit too far though and even Bruce and Robo agree on that.

I'm sure we can find a happy medium to suit everybody if we keep the off-topics limited, within reason, and contained in their own threads so that the purists aren't forced to "wade through it all" to get to the "real stuff", ie the computer problems.

Your thread was definitely in the "choose to read it or not" category and it amuses me that the purists couldn't resist having a look even though it was obviously not labelled as a computer problem.

They must be human after all. :D