PDA

View Full Version : Win 98 SE Logo

Mac D
07-08-2002, 06:57 PM
Can someone please tell where I can find both the Win 98 Start and Close down Logo's.

godfather
07-08-2002, 07:03 PM
"Logon and Logoff Screen Changes
Did you know you can change the Windows Startup and Shutdown screens? The files that control the pictures are called LOGOS.SYS and LOGOW.SYS. You can make copies of these files and change the extension to .BMP. (They are just simple bitmap files, after all.) Now you can edit the files and change whatever you want -- or bring in a new file. Things to consider: - The screens must be 256 colors, no more.
- The screen width is 320 x 400. So when you edit the files, they might look elongated.
- While you are working on them, resize the pictures to 534 x 400, then change the resolution back to 320 x 400 when you're finished.
- Back up both files!"

Poppa John
07-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Goddie, Roll on the day when we can "Tell" the computer by "Voice: what you have just said & have it do it. Probably tho that will take all the fun (I can't believe I said "fun") out of computing. Poppa John :)

Terry Porritt
07-08-2002, 09:27 PM
You can have quite a bit of fun making up your own logo screens.
One I have, just for a variation says "...Just when you thought it was safe to turn off your computer"
The possibilities are endless, animations are possible too :)