PDA

View Full Version : Easy CD Creator 5- WIn XP

Ritzz
07-08-2002, 01:06 PM
I installed Easy CD Creator Platinum 5 on my Win XP. And whenever i shutdown the system or restart Win XP i get the blue screen of death sayin it has to shutdown to prevent damage to my OS and uninstall any software i might have installed....etc. When i uninstall Easy CD it works fine.

I got the update from Roxio to make Easy CD compatible with WinXp and also the drive support update. But still the blue screen comes whenever i shutdown the system.

i dont know if the order in installing is important. I installed Easy CD Creator then the patch then drive update (to recognise new CD Drives released since release of Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.1) patch all at once before restarting the PC.

Can someone help me with this problem. Thankxx

Babe Ruth
07-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Hi Ritzz,

I have Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.1.0.104 on one of the WinXP computers here and also a v4.05 version on another WinXP box. Have (so far 1 year ) had no problems.

Have you also tried the Roxio_Discussions (http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/discussions/index.jhtml) for any help. It IS important in terms of the ordering of installation including removing any old version(s) or any other version of someone elses cd burn/rip software (e.g. Nero - don't flame me, just an example) prior to install.

Babe.

Ritzz
07-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Hi Babe,

I have version 5.1.0.014 and yeah i have posted one on the Roxio forum about this problem.

Here is the blue screen error message everytime i shutdown or restart the PC.
----------------------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent further damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

check to make sure any hardware/software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware/software manufacturer for any updates you may need

If problems continue disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing

STOP 0x0000000A(0X00000206,0x000000FF,0x00000000,0x804E 9D48)
-----------------------------

When i uninstall Easy CD Creator i dont get any error message. Is there any particular order in which you install Easy Craeator Platinum. I installed everything (the patch, drive update) and then rebooted my pc. However i didnt install the updates for video impression and photo relay component of the Easy CD Creator Platinum. do i need to though?

I removed the previous cd burner HP Record Now before installing Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum.

Hope someone can help.

Thankxx

godfather
07-08-2002, 02:46 PM
Look here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en/prork/prhd_exe_igcc.htm) for some insight to the message.

Babe Ruth
07-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Ritzz,
I uninstalled the previous cd burner software, rebooted, set a system restore point, installed Easy CDCreator v5 Platinum, rebooted, installed the patches in the order CDCreator update, rebooted, driver update rebooted, video update rebooted, photo update rebooted. Before each update I set a system restore point (I know that XP should and usually does do this I like to do my own). I also prefer to reboot between each update to test the install/upgrade. I can always rollback if necessary. Also I had applied ALL patches to XP prior to the initial installation, and set a system restore point, (but after I had removed the previous 'old' cdburner s/w).

Also make sure you definitely download the XP versions of the update software (I know you would have :-) ) just being pedantic here (or paranoid).

I'm not sure I can add anything more but to try again taking everything a step at a time (slow but may help).

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL usually is a system/s-w driver issue (but not always) and can be very difficult to resolve. The MS site is Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063).

Babe.

Ritzz
07-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Thankxx babe and gf, i will go an try those installation orders and also see if i can get it to work from that MSKB article.

Cheers