PDA

View Full Version : JetStream outage, August 6 and 7

David Watson
07-08-2002, 12:34 PM
If anyone who has experienced problems with the JetStream outages on August 6 and 7 would like to talk about them for an article Computerworld/IDG Net is doing on the subject, please drop me an email or call me on (09) 375 6053.
To be quoted as yourself is the ideal, but if you'd prefer not to be named. that's OK.

godfather
07-08-2002, 12:43 PM
whats your e-mail? Its not on your profile.

David Watson
07-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Sorry about that, I've only just registered with Press F1.

My email is david_watson@idg.co.nz

robo
07-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Did it affect any of you guys? I was out for about two hours. I know someone on Jetstream with Kiwilink that was okay.
robo

Babe Ruth
07-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Jetstream here in WN (my part of Wgtn anyway) was out between 2 - 6/6:30 :_| Babe.

Chilling_Silence
07-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Hasn't affected me in any way?!

Chilling_Silence

godfather
07-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Jetstream in Christchurch are was out 2-6.30 despite Xtra notifications only Wellington was affected.

Looks like the Bombay Hills have moved south.....we don't matter apparently.

Greg S
07-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Didn't notice any outage here (Auckland), and I've been on it quite a lot these past 2 days (sick at home :()

John H
08-08-2002, 11:46 AM
I am in ChCh and was out for the afternoon as well. I contacted Paradise first, who confirmed that the problem was with Telecom in the Wellington exchange and that had taken ChCh out as well. They were working on it...

Some frustrating hours later, I contacted ADSL Faults at Telecom, who confirmed that the fault was in Wellington, and Paradise from ChCh is routed through the Wellington exchange. Apparently quite a lot of other ISP's are routed through Wellington as well, and the ADSL Faults guy listed some for me but I didn't take any notice of who they were because I was only selfishly interested in Paradise and when I could get back online to send some documents by email... He may have said that xtra was routed through Wgtn as well, because he initially assumed I was an xtra subscriber.

I was told they thought they had fixed it, but it soon became apparent that data was only flowing one way, so it was back to the drawing board. It sounded like a bit of an epic to fix.